Pump Club

thepasty

Not really as my left eye is so dominant that I get a good sight picture when in the left shoulder. (I have started shootings clays from my left shoulder) Anyway a third sight would be 😜 silly ! Wouldn't it? Maybe the whole idea is a bit off the wall, unfortunately work is preventing me from live testing at the moment. I will report any success ( or failure) in due course

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had eye dominance worries so I tried shooting my Ithaca from my left shoulder - I had horrible form and bruised the heck out of my shoulder but still sonehow ended up with the score I usually get :D

The dual red dots is an interesting idea though!

Edited by Opossum

Evening Gentlemen,

I've spent more of the kids inheritance today as I stumbled across a 1907 Winchester 1897 Black Diamond in beautiful unmolested condition. I've paid for it but got to return with my ticket to collect, as I was 'just passing by'. Sold one about 3yrs ago, and regretted it, but this is in better condition all round.

Will make a good companion to the Winchester 62A and the M37. Do I get 'Pumper of the Month' award Impala??

Regards to all

Steve

Evening Gentlemen,

I've spent more of the kids inheritance today as I stumbled across a 1907 Winchester 1897 Black Diamond in beautiful unmolested condition. I've paid for it but got to return with my ticket to collect, as I was 'just passing by'. Sold one about 3yrs ago, and regretted it, but this is in better condition all round.

Will make a good companion to the Winchester 62A and the M37. Do I get 'Pumper of the Month' award Impala??

Regards to all

Steve

Unmolested as in S1? Sounds fabulous.

Evening Scully,

Apparently it came from a local country house where the grandfather brought it home prior to WW1,(it's a 1907 gun) which he didn't survive due to his Webley Fosbery, his 80yr old grandson gave it up ( plus some beautiful English side by sides) recently.

The guy whom I bought it from, looked upon it as I do some Eastern European products, hence i was able to relieve him of his problem!

Steve

PS photos....... eventually!

Evening Scully,

Apparently it came from a local country house where the grandfather brought it home prior to WW1,(it's a 1907 gun) which he didn't survive due to his Webley Fosbery, his 80yr old grandson gave it up ( plus some beautiful English side by sides) recently.

The guy whom I bought it from, looked upon it as I do some Eastern European products, hence i was able to relieve him of his problem!

Steve

PS photos....... eventually!

Pics.................Can't wait!

Some unanswered questions/points I've noticed from reading back a few pages:

There IS a dedicated Remington 870, 24" barrel with rifle sights, smoothbore. But, it's a Mossberg production item, never been a Remington factory product. Tried both UK importers of Mossberg = good luck, neither expressed knowledge OR interest in these barrels!

Wartime U.S. serviceman imported Winchester 42, nice find. No photos yet though...hint, hint.

Pumps with scopes.

Used to run my 870 Express with a saddle mount & dedicated shotgun scope: fed with home loaded Lyman sabot slugs...great fun & surprisingly accurate.

Don't have a S1 870 for PSG/TSG anymore so got the scope/mount up for sale on a few sites.

Target shotgun is good fun AND is not dependant on S1 type pumps/autos...S2 are very acceptable, as are hammerguns, single barrels, bolt actions, etc.

TSG is also a cheap sport with low annual membership fees.

Not found a BPS yet...seem to be tripping over bargain A5's & other deals too good to pass up.

Still hoping to find a 10-bore BPS too, or a Mag-10

Got a very nice 20-bore Wingmaster last year. Had an ugly wooden butt extension added...an hour of careful work with several sharp things saw the gun back to factory condition. It's a doozey!

Not rolled any slugs for it yet, sorting through mold type & dia options. Looking at .585 ball as easiest route.

....more later as swmbo just arrived home!

Edited by saddler

Some unanswered questions/points I've noticed from reading back a few pages:

There IS a dedicated Remington 870, 24" barrel with rifle sights, smoothbore. But, it's a Mossberg production item, never been a Remington factory product. Tried both UK importers of Mossberg = good luck, neither expressed knowledge OR interest in these barrels!

Wartime U.S. serviceman imported Winchester 42, nice find. No photos yet though...hint, hint.

Pumps with scopes.

Used to run my 870 Express with a saddle mount & dedicated shotgun scope: fed with home loaded Lyman sabot slugs...great fun & surprisingly accurate.

Don't have a S1 870 for PSG/TSG anymore so got the scope/mount up for sale on a few sites.

Target shotgun is good fun AND is not dependant on S1 type pumps/autos...S2 are very acceptable, as are hammerguns, single barrels, bolt actions, etc.

TSG is also a cheap sport with low annual membership fees.

Not found a BPS yet...seem to be tripping over bargain A5's & other deals too good to pass up.

Still hoping to find a 10-bore BPS too, or a Mag-10

Got a very nice 20-bore Wingmaster last year. Had an ugly wooden butt extension added...an hour of careful work with several sharp things saw the gun back to factory condition. It's a doozey!

Not rolled any slugs for it yet, sorting through mold type & dia options. Looking at .585 ball as easiest route.

....more later as swmbo just arrived home!

Hi Saddler, yes afraid I drew a blank with the importers too on the Mossberg barrels.

Get a BPS, you'll love it. Just so slick. I have a BPS and a Supernova and reckon they are the finest pumps ever made

Been after a 10-ga BPS since a batch came into Browning while I was working there.

Like the plain 12-ga models too.

I think Kevin Willcox of Tidepool may have one for sale....

Also Lakeland Guns, Workington (http://www.lakelandguns.co.uk/) at least they had one advertised on Facebook for a while.

KR,

Scrummy

Edited by Scrumbag

Hi. I'm still trying to find an Ithaca DS Police Special. Anyone know where there's one for sale.

I've just bought a SuperNova to shoot PSG in standard manual group, I have an 870 set up for target shotgun with a hawk slug scope and just need a bit of an old school riot gun to keep them company.

Cash waiting and already have a vacant slot specifically for this gun.

Hi. I'm still trying to find an Ithaca DS Police Special. Anyone know where there's one for sale.

I've just bought a SuperNova to shoot PSG in standard manual group, I have an 870 set up for target shotgun with a hawk slug scope and just need a bit of an old school riot gun to keep them company.

Cash waiting and already have a vacant slot specifically for this gun.

Sounds great! Pics or it didn't happen!

Morning Gents,

I've just stumbled across (do a lot of that these days!) three yes 3 Winchester 1897's on Gunstar, 2x 12 gauge and a 16, vendor's in Wales and very strong money especially the 16!

Never seen three for sale before, even in an auction.

I'm collecting mine more locally sometime this week so watch this space

Still recovering from that debacle in Dublin yesterday............. the 5 Pilchards beckons again!

Regards

Steve

Morning Gents,

I've just stumbled across (do a lot of that these days!) three yes 3 Winchester 1897's on Gunstar, 2x 12 gauge and a 16, vendor's in Wales and very strong money especially the 16!

Never seen three for sale before, even in an auction.

I'm collecting mine more locally sometime this week so watch this space

Still recovering from that debacle in Dublin yesterday............. the 5 Pilchards beckons again!

Regards

Steve

I saw those as well. I really fancy the "Brush" gun but at nearly £3k it's a lot, I've not got a slot for it and I'm not sure I could bring myself to have a good condition 1897 chopped