apprenticeship as a gunsmith.

contrysports

People have this romance about walking into a dusty shop rosy cheeked after school and offering the sweep the floors and suddenly 8 years later you are a fully trained Gunsmith. It just doesn't happen like that anymore.

Well I tend to not quite agree, you could join the army, I did have a diploma in engineering before I joined up, this isnt required, a simple maths and english etc will do. They will provide you with an AMA (advance modern apprenticeship) In line with NVQ/City and guilds, you will work on small arms to start with, pistols, rifles, gpmg, minimi and a number of other bits of kit, after your so called class 2 training and work under supervision of a class 1. As a Class 1 you will work on 105 light gun, and be-able to do X of O (examination of ordinance), and lots of other toys depending on where and who you work with.

Iv loved my time in the army, done loads of stuff and seen alot of the world. Plus played with may weapons in the UK and overseas normal people cant get there hands on.

But there is a **** side to the army, standing on a gate, going on tour, getting rocketed, blowen up etc....

Plus if you do get injured, dont expect much out the army apart from the cheapest way they can get rid of you. As your just a number