snow white

Hi lads can some body pease tell me how much a old gat gun is worth please.made in england T.J.HARRINGTON & SON WALTON SURREY on other side THE GAT UMAREX .4.5mm

being a regular trawler of most gun websites IMO I would say £40 would be fair,have seen realy old ones with original box,pellets etc selling for £50..

ATB

Mal

I know this isn't a gat gun but it's the same style and I think the Diana LP2 came out before the Gat anyhow!

I bought it for about £18, can't remember for sure but I think that was the price posted..

Blueing and timber are both in excellent condition and it shoots surprisingly well!

PistolOriginalm2c.jpg

PistolOriginalm2b.jpg

PistolOriginalm2e.jpg

I also bought this from the carboot sale for next to nothing (might have been £3 but I can't remember for sure)

It's a Lov2 that was marketed by none other than Webley back in the 70's apparently, I let a Webley collector have it..

pistollov2.jpg

I still have this old Diana lp2 (wood grips) but it's not much good as the threads on the barrel that holds it all together are stripped..

pistollov2m2.jpg

I can recall a reporter for one of the airgun mags saying that these weren't true airguns as the inertia 'throws' the pellet out...

Such drivel was soon shot down by the readers, when you strip these there's a tiny transfer port that supplies the blast into the probe area so that it can expand and push the pellet out...

Cheers, John :)

Ahh! The Diana No 2. My first air gun - bought second hand for 10/- in 1958 and I still have it now. It lived on a diet of "cat slugs" bought in little white boxes from the local garage of 100 for 6d. The slugs were non waisted and tended to drop right through the smothbore barrel. The answer was to run the skirt of the slug round the foresight to put a slight flare on the skirt. When we were short of cash you could often find Elder berries that would fit.

Ahh! The Diana No 2. My first air gun - bought second hand for 10/- in 1958 and I still have it now. It lived on a diet of "cat slugs" bought in little white boxes from the local garage of 100 for 6d. The slugs were non waisted and tended to drop right through the smothbore barrel. The answer was to run the skirt of the slug round the foresight to put a slight flare on the skirt. When we were short of cash you could often find Elder berries that would fit.

Memories sweet memories ....Had a pal at the time ...Always had to have a better gun than me ..Mine a Gat ..his a Webley Junior ...Out Hunting I hit a sparrow ( It shook itself twice and then flew off ).

• 2 years later...