Magpie/Crow call bird register!

Bewsher500

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's too early in the year to start, unless you are prepared to take the bird indoors every night.

If you don't the bird will die from Hypothermia and you stand a chance of being done for animal cruelty if any antis are watching the trap, a good job too..

Sensible folk don't start trapping until the end of March.

Cat.

It's too early in the year to start, unless you are prepared to take the bird indoors every night.

If you don't the bird will die from Hypothermia and you stand a chance of being done for animal cruelty if any antis are watching the trap, a good job too..

Sensible folk don't start trapping until the end of March.

Cat.

I think it depends on the area you live in. In my area of Cornwall we have had one frost to speak of this winter, night time temp about 8 - 10 degrees. More chance of the bird drowning!!!

I think it depends on the area you live in. In my area of Cornwall we have had one frost to speak of this winter, night time temp about 8 - 10 degrees. More chance of the bird drowning!!!

Same in Weymouth, but I still don't use callbirds till the end of March. Try using raw tripe as bait.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dont expect to many more as I thought I would only have 25 all campaign, seen very few around.

It's been slow for me this year. Plenty of time for others to move in, though. I've supplied a couple Stalking Directory members, but that's all.

Lots of birdsong being heard.

Edited by rjimmer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...