Shortest air rifle

smithy73

Hi, apart from the Air Arms TDR what other air rifle's are short enough to carry in a backpack.My reasons are concealment on public transport,(a gun bag's shape stands out). The reduction in weight (i have had recent shoulder surgery,and then a car accident, unable to drive for a long time yet, plus a long recovery process).

I have noticed the Brocock Contour and that looks about the shortest, are there any UK companies that do BULLPUP versions of air rifles.

Thanks Rich.

Hi, thanks for the replies the one that stood out for me was the falcon lighthunter,does anyone know how long it is?. I might aswell ask on here before i do a search.

Thanks again

Rich.

The lighthunter is an fn 12 so a 12" barrel plus the stock must be around the same again i would guess . You get around 30 shots so are you going to carry a pump and pretend you've lost your bike .lol

Hi, apart from the Air Arms TDR what other air rifle's are short enough to carry in a backpack.My reasons are concealment on public transport,(a gun bag's shape stands out). The reduction in weight (i have had recent shoulder surgery,and then a car accident, unable to drive for a long time yet, plus a long recovery process).

I have noticed the Brocock Contour and that looks about the shortest, are there any UK companies that do BULLPUP versions of air rifles.

Thanks Rich.

Ok, I have obviously missed something, humour an old boy, can you enlarge on this please!

You can't drive for as long time yet, have had shoulder surgery, a car accident, plus long recovery, but you want to carry a back pack (arn't they tricky to get in and out of with shoulder injury) on Public transport and you are capable of shooting!

What Long recovery from what injuries, and what shoulder injury/surgery means you can carry a back pack and shoot? Public transport takes you to a shoot?

You sure you are not just planning some daft Bank Job! :lol::good:

FIRST i have two shoulders like everyone else,and have not said which one does it matter? Secondly what i am trying to achieve is to find an air rifle that is as light as possible,as portable as possible,and hopefully as comfortable as possible,not to be used straight away, but when physically in a better position to do so.I am not going to be daft enough to attempt to carry / use a HW 100 for example as that is a weighty gun. If public transport was an issue i would not have included it in my post,an in depth list of my injuries is no-one else's concern, unless of course your medically qualifed, other replies have mentioned other ideas for carrying a gun which would enable me not to have to use a backpack,i only mentioned a backpack because its the first thing i thought of it was''nt set in stone.I just put the basics of what i am looking to try to achieve and not have to go into to much detail.And no i have no plans to illegally withdraw cash from my bank lol. "i would'nt be able to carry the bags of cash" £££$$$.

someone mentioned a falcon fn12 earlier, i have an fn12 lighthunter (pic below) its a small gun, smallest ive owned at 34 1/2 inch including quickfill silencer but its still not backpacked sized like johns is

post-58889-0-66200100-1364922177_thumb.jpg

I bought a camping/hiking rucksack from sportsditect for just short of 20pund, can fit my 28inch barel semi in it when taken apart.

Personally I would just use gunslip, I did (on bus) every weekend for a couple years before i could drive.

Minimum length for a Rifle is 24 1/2 Inches - Barrel Tip to But

My Skan Swift in .25 is 24. 3/4's

Also worth Checking out Fast Fire Ten - from Phoenix Air Guns

Packs in it's own Case and like by Motorcyclist as fits in many panniers

BOB/R