Cam Belt on a 2002 Ford Fiesta (1.3 petrol)

lord_seagrave

I don't think the 1.3 Endura E engine has a chambelt. They are the last living relatives of the Kent engines and can plod on for decent mileages with decent servicing but do sound less refined than modern engines.

Personally I always give a new (to me) car a full service and would replace the cambelt as a matter of course unless there was documented history that it had been done recently.

Edited by Livefast123

Very useful.

I'm always happy to have my ignorance exposed publicly, but at least I have been spared the embarrassment of asking at the local garage...

It was MOT'd and serviced on Friday, but the service book (although stamped a reassuring six times) is suspiciously receipt-free. Whether this is a good thing, or whether it just means there's something nasty lurking round the corner, I just don't know...!

Many thanks, if anyone else has any bright ideas, do let me know.

Cheers :good:

LS

After working in the motor trade for a few years, I would inspect the major service components (oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, brake fluid and if fitted pollen filter) just to check they have been changed (not cynical honestly) and if not I would go about changing them. The oil should still be a golden amber colour if it was only changed on Friday and it hasn't covered many miles.

I would rather reciepts as many people are now stamping service books up for a hobby but 6 stamps in 12 years is not something I would worry about as being forged especially given the age of the previous keeper, sounds like they were servicing it every 10,000 miles.

I've just got the Mrs a Mk6 2004 Fiesta 1.25 and I was suprised at how well it drove and by the fact it past the MOT without any advisories! Thats on 130000 and runs like new......touch wood.

Edited by Livefast123