Remington 700 owners

Elmer Fudd 1

im sure many of you reading this will indeed own a Remington 700 in one form or another, some will be as you brought them, others custom made.

i am currently in the process of building my very own remy and so far i have the stock (that really is it!)

however although my rifle is currently lacking a few bits - ok all but one bit, that bit that i do have may be one that you may want to have a look at.

That part being the grs adjustable hunter

http://grsriflestocks.com/our-products

food for thought huh

once my rifle is fully build ill give an in depth review of this stock if anybody is interested

My Remmy 700 sits in an AI stock, which I wanted as it gave me a decent number of rounds in the magazine.

GRS are nice stocks, and to me the only important criteria is what the purpose of the rifle will be i.e. hunting, target, F Class.

Edited by cooter

Anyone know where (near me - Cheshire) I can get the beast converted to a magazine from a floor plate?

Mine's a VLS 700 bought modified (except for the mag) I can now lift heavy weights after carrying the rifle for several years - varmint barrels are sooooo heavy !

My Remmy 700 sits in an AI stock, which I wanted as it gave me a decent number of rounds in the magazine.

GRS are nice stocks, and to me the only important criteria is what the purpose of the rifle will be i.e. hunting, target, F Class.

looked at the ai stock but friends who have them say that they arnt very good in sticks as the for end is flat and square

Anyone know where (near me - Cheshire) I can get the beast converted to a magazine from a floor plate?

Mine's a VLS 700 bought modified (except for the mag) I can now lift heavy weights after carrying the rifle for several years - varmint barrels are sooooo heavy !

Kes.

Steve jones Trent Firearms in Stoke will do the mag conversion or Mike Norris in Whitchurch.

I have a GRS stock on mt T3 in 6.5/55 really good stock.

Mike

im thinking that scope will be my next venture, im looking at the sightron SIII 6-24x50

Im thinking that too for the .204 :rolleyes:

A good friend of mine has a GRS on his .20 Tac, its a loverly bit of kit. It really would be a shame to knock it around.

Ive got a HS Precision on my .308 Stalking rifle and a AICS With Victor company viperskins on my .204

Im thinking that too for the .204 :rolleyes:

A good friend of mine has a GRS on his .20 Tac, its a loverly bit of kit. It really would be a shame to knock it around.

Ive got a HS Precision on my .308 Stalking rifle and a AICS With Victor company viperskins on my .204

i love the look of the aics but it just doesn't serve my purpose!

saying that though, id get one instantly if i was building 2 guns

Got one from these guys takes AI mags

http://www.gbrengland.co.uk/Default.aspx

if you want to see a varmint barrel then a guy who works in Northampton gun might be selling his beast

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/3rdParty/NorthamptonGunCompany/Detail.php?NewGunID=130416170631001

looked at the ai stock but friends who have them say that they arnt very good in sticks as the for end is flat and square

I use mine in sticks on a weekly basis.

I agree completely with the comments that they can be a bit trick.

They don't work well with a Harris either so you need to use the AI bipod, also using standard sling swivels tends to mark the stock and they quite often clink against it warning the deer that you are around.

On the plus side;

it is almost infinitely adjustable,

it is great for prone/target shooting or resting on the mirror of the landy,

it sits flat against your back due to it having side swivel studs (if you can call them that),

the central/base mounting is a steel plate so no flexing problems,

there is loads of clearance around the barrel so no harmonic issues.

I have to take it off soon as it is going on a custom build, when it is ready, and it will be replaced with a bedded A5 as I much prefer the traditional shape.

I love the look of the long range version of those GRS stocks, but that's a hellish amount of money to pay for a stock that doesn't include a magazine floorplate. I think, for now at least, I'll stick with my modified HS Precision. It seems to work, although my next purchase will probably be a Third Eye magazine conversion.