lead shot campaign

chrispti

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why aren't basc involved with LAG?.

Anddrewluke

BASC CEO was appointed Chairman of the LAG five years ago.

Dr Harradine was in the Risk Assessment sub-group.

BASC staff take the minutes of the meetings

BASC run the LAG web site

BASC have the Lead Ammunition Group as a company name of the Code of Good Shooting Practice Ltd.

BUT BASC are not a member of the main committee of the LAG

I hope that sorts that out.

Anddrewluke

BASC CEO was appointed Chairman of the LAG five years ago.

Dr Harradine was in the Risk Assessment sub-group.

BASC staff take the minutes of the meetings

BASC run the LAG web site

BASC have the Lead Ammunition Group as a company name of the Code of Good Shooting Practice Ltd.

BUT BASC are not a member of the main committee of the LAG

I hope that sorts that out.

thank you :good:

Yes it would. Because if you're not a member of BASC, I'll be asking you what your organisation is doing about the issues being raised concerning lead in the environment.

if i am a member of BASC could you tell me what my organisation is doing about the issues being raised concerning lead in the environment.

I am a member of the CA and I do know what they are doing about the Lead Ammunition Group and concerning leaks.I hope however they will do more shortly to resolve the rather impossible position the L.A.G. now finds itself in. I dont think anyone can afford to wait for the LAG report in the current circumstances. Just MHO.

It is very interesting that many magazine editors are now taking the moral high ground in their editorials and saying that LAG now serves no purpose and that the report is being influenced by the views of a biased Chair.

Pity they couldn't have been so positive twenty years ago when we were coerced into a non workable situation.

I am very disappointed in the BASC handling of this situation. It appears that they really do not want to get involved in debate or an explanation of how they could have allowed John Swift to conduct himself in the way he appears to have handled this alternative shot matter.

With respect if you want to start another LAG thread then please do so, please do not distract from this very important thread

This thread is about the joint campaign run by all the main shooting organisations coming together to fight further restrictions - lets keep this thread on that topic please

http://leadshotcampaign.org.uk/

Edited by David BASC

With respect if you want to start another LAG thread then please do so, please do not distract from this very important thread

This thread is about the joint campaign run by all the main shooting organisations coming together to fight further restrictions - lets keep this thread on that topic please

With respect, the LAG thread that you referred to opened with a post which reflected that its Chairman appeared to be doing us all a favour. In a few short months, however, something happened which turned that impression on its head. At the moment and whereas I could quite well understand that things are happening 'behind closed doors', until we are told precisely what is going on - if anything, we remain in a state of limbo because the LAG and the LSC are inextricably linked in a duel which neither side can win and only the common or garden shooter can lose.

With respect, the LAG thread that you referred to opened with a post which reflected that its Chairman appeared to be doing us all a favour. In a few short months, however, something happened which turned that impression on its head. At the moment and whereas I could quite well understand that things are happening 'behind closed doors', until we are told precisely what is going on - if anything, we remain in a state of limbo because the LAG and the LSC are inextricably linked in a duel which neither side can win and only the common or garden shooter can lose.

I think you will find that the LAG and LSC are working to the same ends. LSC we saying is we do not use lead legally we will have a total lead ban. The LAG after the emails release show that they to are working for a total lead ban.

I have also found that people who are not members of BASC, when they sign the pledge on the LSC web site, set up by BASC, are getting BASC membership requests by email.

As you are not a member of BASC Gunsmoke I assume you have had such an email...so please email me a copy of it...I wont hold my breath...

The LSC and LAG are totally independent, although the issues are linked I agree, nor is it up to the Chair of the LAG alone to decide what the findings and recommendations of the LAG will be, that is the responsibility of ALL the industry representatives on the LAG to deliver a consensus.

Lets stick to the issue and work together to support the LSC - http://leadshotcampaign.org.uk/

As you are not a member of BASC Gunsmoke I assume you have had such an email...so please email me a copy of it...I wont hold my breath...

The LSC and LAG are totally independent, although the issues are linked I agree, nor is it up to the Chair of the LAG alone to decide what the findings and recommendations of the LAG will be, that is the responsibility of ALL the industry representatives on the LAG to deliver a consensus.

Lets stick to the issue and work together to support the LSC - http://leadshotcampaign.org.uk/

Just as an aside, I also signed up but subsequently received the membership e-mail. I was a member of BASC but not for a while and since leaving, still get the odd few 'no reply' e-mails.

? Happy to copy you one.

It must be relevant to the LSC to see what the LAG are doing though, as it will be a pointless petition if what appears to be happening, and what I am being told is likely does actually come about. Hence my suggestion that we should perhaps not wait for the outcome of the LAG - if, as reported, a ban is recommended then the petition will be an irrelevance, wont it?

Sorry to be heretical but it does seem like commonsense. Apologies for diverting the LSC thread.

Dear All,

I have checked with our publications team, who send out the BASC email newsletters and our Web manager , who is the only person at BASC with access to the back end data held within the LSC web site, and I can categorically confirm that the email addresses on the LSC website has not been used for any BASC marketing activity. Nor can they be.

Lets not get distracted by the odd member on here that wishes to derail threads and make unwarranted attacks on BASC, lets be grown up about this and see through the smoke cloud that they lay, and lets focus on working together.

Sign the pledge, get you friends and shooting colleagues to sign the pledge!

Dear All,

I have checked with our publications team, who send out the BASC email newsletters and our Web manager , who is the only person at BASC with access to the back end data held within the LSC web site, and I can categorically confirm that the email addresses on the LSC website has not been used for any BASC marketing activity. Nor can they be.

Lets not get distracted by the odd member on here that wishes to derail threads and make unwarranted attacks on BASC, lets be grown up about this and see through the smoke cloud that they lay, and lets focus on working together.

Sign the pledge, get you friends and shooting colleagues to sign the pledge!

I have signed the pledge, I have passed to friends to sign, I have received e-mails since being a non-member, I am not interested in smokescreens of any sort. I also believe I am grown up.

I have no doubt you are a grown up nor do I think you have created any smokescreens. But let me stress, you will not have received emails from BASC via signing up to the LSC.

As I said before if you have any of these emails then send them to me and I will tell you exactly how and why you got them

And most importantly, thank you very much indeed for signing and passing on, that's what we should all be doing.

David

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Grapevine says that LAG report has been produced but not as yet submitted and that it makes for uncomfortable reading, anyone able to confirm on this ?

When CEO Emails came to light , should shooting organisations have removed themselves from LAG on the basis of it being a discredited process ?