NPPC

Matty88

Evening guys.

As I've recently posted I've been struggling for land and came across the NPPC website today. The price seems reasonable and the idea decent.

Just wondering as anyone had any dealings with this? Would like some impartial opinions please.

Many thanks.

Matt.

I have used they to start with and found it an excellent way to get started. John Shooter the chap who runs it is helpful and friendly. All you do is ring him during the week between certain times and book your field.

The most obvious thing to check is how many fields he has near enough to travel to. Also the fields are fibre only (which I never found an issue as always use fibre on farm land). If I remember you must shoot from the hide and not all places allow you to take a dog.

Hope this helps.

Moors Man

Was in NPPC year before last and found it ok, John is a top bloke to deal with and helpful, if you have nowhere to shoot or dont have time to go door knocking its ideal but as stated find out what fields are near you then keep an eye on them for pigeon activity and try to shoot in the week as weekends can be busy, i never shot weekends but always managed to get on the fields i wanted to in the week, for the money its well worth it but i think its the wrong time of year to join as you can only shoot till harvest, once the stubble has gone thats it till they drill again, best bet is join when the winter rape goes in then you get right through to harvest in the summer to shoot.

Thank you for your responses guys. Id only be able to shoot at weekends as i work Monday - Friday. That's why these forums are popular. Fair views from real people. I've sent an email asking what extent of land he's got in the derbyshire area. Just waiting on a email back and will play it from there.

sorry dont want to move off the post but! i got enough local pigeons and rabbits.local. thinking about goin for fac and thought that sweethill thing looked like a good route to geting it? before anyone says use your own permission my mate tried that an was told yes u can hav fac air! all input appreciated

nightstalker

sorry dont want to move off the post but! i got enough local pigeons and rabbits.local. thinking about goin for fac and thought that sweethill thing looked like a good route to geting it? before anyone says use your own permission my mate tried that an was told yes u can hav fac air! all input appreciated

nightstalker

if your mate was told FAC air that will be because thats all the land is suitable for, if you joined sweethill i believe you would have to do some kind of probation period with them before they allow you to apply for FAC and then you would most likely get a closed ticket (ie only shoot on sweethill land), you'd be better applying with your own permission even if you do only get FAC air, its a start and when you get somewhere suitable for larger calibres its only a variation to put in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...