Gun Fit either Norfolk or Suffolk

ChrisAsh

Many thanks folk, never realised there was so many!!!!!!

What is the procedure for a gun fit do they set you up with a trial gun and then give you the measurments for you own gun to get it changed and whats a good time frame from start to finish

Proper gun fitting involves a try and shooting at a plate and clays under supervision of someone suitable who knows what they are doing

Don't believe anyone in Norfolk offers this

Most do it by eye but it isn't always correct as j found out

Went to holland & holland for a proper gun fitting session and got a set of measurements which Chris tanner then worked to

Best money ever spent and is what I would recommend

Archi

• 3 weeks later...

Rang Philip Webster up on Monday midday, for an apointment for gun fit, went in on Wednesday for gun fit, told to pick up gun today which I did this morning, super fit but will prove it this afternoon

Very nice person who looks far to young to be a gunsmith, but knows his stuff and uses heat lamps and a press to do the adjustments to the stock, which means the gun is not soaked in oil to bend it

Lots of people there on Saturday Morning so seems very popular, I walked away very happy and only £34 less in the pocket which i consider a bargin, could have proved at his pattern plate but thought it a bit unfair to him with all his customers, promised free adjustments if not happy

Edited by ChrisAsh

Had my Beretta fitted by Philip Webster over a year ago and well pleased with the out come, its great to see Phillip doing so well as said he is a young lad but polite and definitely knows his stuff, a good clientele proves this :good: I would recommend him any day.