Beretta 686 Onyx

Mossyoak77

Hello All

wanting some advice on the above, after viewing one in my local shop thinking of getting one by trading in my lanber field o/u.

what are they like for use on game or pest control or is it more just clay/skeet gun. they look pretty descent and feel right too whats

the sort of price I should be looking at paying £700-£800?.

would like to shoot one first like shot a beretta silver pigeon when i was first starting on clays and that was pretty good, do browning

do an equivalent model? the only one I know of thats similar is the U.S Browning Citori Sporting Clays Edition.

any advice or tips for buying would be appreciated

its beretta so it will be fine! some people reckon the old ones are better quality like the 686 after looking on guntrader £700-800 seems ok for it and it will probably be multi choke!

there is also the 686 silver pigeon 1 which costs slightly more if you want to have a look, game and sporter models fixed or multi choke

edit. as for browning there is the 325 and you could possibly pick up a newer 525 used for slightly more than the beretta

Edited by OvEr_KiLL

blued action old one I think, apparently stateside got 3 different versions according to cabelas youtube video one with a high rib.

thanks overkill will look at the silver pigeon 1, but wanting to find onyx at a dealer where I can have a go on a few clays like see how it shoots

My favourite Beretta, the others just seem to bulky to me.

A friend had one for over twenty years and it is a fine gun, loads of steel through it too and not a mark.

The action finnish is not a blue,,,,seems like some kind of ceramic coating and is very very durable.

U.

A "decent dealer " told me that if you need to try it ,then you cant shoot . If you can then you know if the gun fits .

what a load of rubbish! every gun handles and feals differnt in differnt peoples hands!, of course you should try it!

Edited by OvEr_KiLL

I had one of these until fairly recently.

Mine was a 686 Onyx which is different to the white / black onyx newer guns. I think the finish is parkerised.

They did single and double trigger versions and fixed and multi choked versions. mine was a single selectable trigger with multi choked barrels. When I sold it it was about 24 years old and had countless cartridges through it and hopefully it'll give its new owner tears of service. These older Berettas were built to last.

If it fits buy it, The only reason I sold mine was because I'm skint.

I have one great gun 3" chambers

I've used it for everything from clays to game

I did have a straight hand stock put on with double triggers and the bead changed to a brass one

You won't go far wrong with this gun

The gun I used before i had this was also a lanber