Choke advice please

JABB

I know this is asked all the time, but I can't find any sensible answer.

For the purpose of this question, imagine you have a o/u with multi choke, but no tubes.

What would you buy, if only allowed 2 tubes, to shoot starter trap?

If you want to add to this, feel free, and go spec me some more to move on to

Thanks. Building this collection!

One other thing. It look like the gun I am buying has Invector chokes, ( Browning B125 ) 2 of in Skeet.

They stick out of the end of the barrel and are perforated, for want of a better description. Can I also use flush tubes or is it extended only. ie are they interchangeable?

invector are good,teague also.can use flush or extended no probs.If you are like rest of us will buy too many chokes and eventually will forget about which 2 are in !! and concentrate on shooting straight. If you are really only going to shoot trap ask trap shooters around you,most will use at least 1/2 for trap.

atb

No overkill's correct, tighter chokes allow longer shot stream for grouping further out, then when you get more accomplished and can pick target up quicker you need a bit more spread so go 1/2-3/4

I have an auto and use full choke, works for me, but if I had an o/u it would be 5/8-7/8 just to be different

Edited by sishyplops

dont know if any of you guys have used them but Muller chokes are hard to beat.

http://www.mullerchokes.com/

i use them in all my Brownings and my K80, having used most of the big name companies i now stick with these guys, throw in 2 x #2 and shoot anything you want.

having built and tested tubes myself i can tell you these work extremely well.

any one else use them on here ??

Martin.

No overkill's correct, tighter chokes allow longer shot stream for grouping further out, then when you get more accomplished and can pick target up quicker you need a bit more spread so go 1/2-3/4

I have an auto and use full choke, works for me, but if I had an o/u it would be 5/8-7/8 just to be different

I can see what you mean in some aspects of it, but wouldn't a wider pattern at the first shot give a better chance of breaking the clay as a tighter pattern would mean you would have to be more accurate in placing the shot ? So an amature trap shooter would use a slightly wider pattern.

I last sot clays on our farm with a home made trap and a mix of .410 and a Winchester 101LW.

I don't know what choke that had, and the gun I have incoming has 2x Skeet chokes in it.

I just want to buy 2 good chokes, fit and concentrate on shooting.

I last sot clays on our farm with a home made trap and a mix of .410 and a Winchester 101LW.

I don't know what choke that had, and the gun I have incoming has 2x Skeet chokes in it.

I just want to buy 2 good chokes, fit and concentrate on shooting.

1/4 and 1/2 for sporting mate :D