Cheshire Licensing Dept

Mossyoak77

Afternoon all

does anyone on here know how cheshire are for first time sgc/fac applications like process times, my mates under cheshire applied for sgc been waiting 4 weeks,

the cheque has been cashed/accepted. just wondering as well as im moving house soon to cheshire and will be applying for my fac under them already

have a sgc cert

Been just over 3 month for me for my fac. Already have my sgc. Had interview couple of weeks ago and was told it would be another month or 2 till I get it. Land checks and medical records have to come back first

My advice is put it in as soon

As possible, even if you you do not intend to buy a gun straight away

I first got my sgc from GMP. They are fantastic, all my mates with fac say that they bend over backwards to help you. I moved to Cheshire and found them to be very different. I believe there is a woman in charge who is not keen on firearms and puts all sorts of conditions on a fac and drags out the sgc application.

• 1 year later...

I'm currently going through my FAC application in Cheshire also, what I'm wondering is will it look bad for me if my house is going through a bit of renavation work when they come round for the home visit.

We are still living in the place, but it's not fully furnished etc and I'm still doing ongoing work to it.

The place where the weapons will be stored isn't going to be disturbed and the cabinet can be fitted without being removed also.

Never had any bother with them, they do a good job IMO, including the" woman in charge".

Put in a 1 for 1 variation which they would have got on Friday morning, Friday afternoon the woman in charge rang me up to ask if I wanted a moderator on it as well, ticket landed on my doorstep on Monday morning. I don't think you could ask for more.

Son's fairly recent application took about 6 weeks all told.

crickey another woman in charge,,Merseyside is the same ,,my buddy is under Cheshire and applied for a FAC for a .17hmr and .22rf , he had his licence back through his door in 3 weeks total,,we could not believe just how good and fast they where,

he even forgot to put mods on aswell and the fao went to his house and sorted it,,excellent service from Cheshire

atb Evo

• 2 weeks later...

PM Kes - he had a nightmare with them, but his experience may help you!

Must admit my application went through in about 3 weeks, but that was over 20 years ago when I first moved up! Times have changed!

My last renewal was almost a comedy show - sent the paperwork in, expected a visit, new licence came through within 4 weeks...no visit.

ARV turned up unannounced about the months later when I was at work to check the cabinet etc - told by my eldest daughter Dad;s not at home

A week later got a snotty call, that I was not in for the visit could hey book a time and date - agreed

They did not turn up

few weeks later ARV turns up unannounced in the day - yep Dad's not at home

Few weeks later another ARV turns up at about 7pm - Dad's in!

They grumbled t me that I had not had my cabinet checked before renewal! I smiled sweetly and led them to the cabinet....

Rang them today, they have received my application, gave them some dates that things are happening I.e. My cabinet being delivered etc.

Also told them my available dates for them to note down which they seemed happy I told them tbh.

Just wait for the next phone call I guess.

I'm currently going through my FAC application in Cheshire also, what I'm wondering is will it look bad for me if my house is going through a bit of renavation work when they come round for the home visit.

We are still living in the place, but it's not fully furnished etc and I'm still doing ongoing work to it.

The place where the weapons will be stored isn't going to be disturbed and the cabinet can be fitted without being removed also.

Just one question....

Once your cert has gone through ( I hope it does)

Will you go to a weapons shop to put what you buy in your cabinet?

TEH

Just one question....

Once your cert has gone through ( I hope it does)

Will you go to a weapons shop to put what you buy in your cabinet?

TEH

I will do once I buy something, when I buy it is another question, the missus will ensure the house is done before hand lol

By the sounds of it with a potential 18 week wait for my certs to turn up it will be all ready to go anyway.

Why do you ask that question though?

I will do once I buy something, when I buy it is another question, the missus will ensure the house is done before hand lol

By the sounds of it with a potential 18 week wait for my certs to turn up it will be all ready to go anyway.

Why do you ask that question though?

Just the use of the term weapon's seemed not the norm, but I guess it is used in the forces....

As you wont find many weapons smith's in the high street lol........

TEH

Just the use of the term weapon's seemed not the norm, but I guess it is used in the forces....

As you wont find many weapons smith's in the high street lol........

TEH

Ye I suppose it's just the term that goes through the forces as a norm, i know its a gunsmith that I will have to go through haha