wildfowling on strangford lough

strangford  wildfowler

I shot Strangford for about 10 years. It is proper fowling on the foreshore. I had some great times there. I mainly shot the southern shore between Downpatrick and Strangford.

In the end our wee club folded and I took the easy option close to home -Lough Neagh. I often talk about going back but time constraints of a young family mean that the closer option is the best at the moment.

I will be doing my fowling around the same places you have mentioned there are numerous wildfowling clubs still here like comber wildfowling club £80 per year which is very good apparently no pressure on you to rear birds although you can do if you want and you don't have to go to meetings or anything like that.

Whn did you stop fowling on strangford lough??

Hello again big al, killyleagh wildfowlers are still going, me and my dad are from killyleagh but we are not sure whether to join killyleagh wildfowlers club or comber wildfowlers club, it will most probably be comber wc as they are better and have there own clubhouse plus they don't fine you for missing meeting or what have ulike killyleagh wc still unsurw though.

May hurry up though as the season starts in a week! Can't wait!

Hello lurgan wildfowler you can get basc wildfowling permits from the ni headquarters for wildfowling on strangford lough.

You should come down and have a pop at the geese some time greylag and canadas great sport!

Edited by strangford wildfowler

Would love to be able to help you plan it out but I'm only 14 and this is my first season at the geese and ducks, if you could get a good flight like the ones from last season there were hundreds of honkers about! Hope its like that this season.

All the best Strangford wildfowler.

I shot Strangford for about 10 years. It is proper fowling on the foreshore. I had some great times there. I mainly shot the southern shore between Downpatrick and Strangford.

In the end our wee club folded and I took the easy option close to home -Lough Neagh. I often talk about going back but time constraints of a young family mean that the closer option is the best at the moment.

Hi Big Al. How would I go about getting some wildfowling on Lough Neagh? I have moved up to Glengormley recently and it would be a handy option for the wildfowling season. Do I need to join a club or get permission to shoot on certain parts of the shore?

• 3 weeks later...

I currently shoot up at Lough Neagh, was gonna try and get into Strangford Wildfowlers this season but left it too late too apply. More than likely will join next season as its closer to home and want to get some "real" fowling. What are peoples experience? I know that there's good numbers of pintail now but as with a lot of places wigeon are seriously down.

Would you have a contact number for Strangford / Comber wildfowlers, thanks Harry

Sorry mate I don't but if you give the basc office a ring am sure the would have a number for them or I think Its is sporting shooter magazine has a number for strangford wildfowlers Edited by strangford wildfowler

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Has anyone got any contact details for killyleagh wildfowlers looking to join need to know who to contact

Hello i live in around killyleagh, although not a member I think that they meet up in the Dufferin coaching inn every wednesday but if not let me know and I will find out for you.