David BASC

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, spartina2 said:

Looking at it left to right I think; proof pressure [why kg?], italian proof mark, CIP fdl [steel], CIP superior steel, and date stamp. I believe that the Italians show the max TEST pressure not the "operating maximum" pressure...

Apologies to Graham, but my 95 year old MiL would have battered my head with her handbag had I been late picking her up for lunch. Allowances have to be made for the proof stamping as it's not always perfect.

• 1 year later...
On 02/06/2020 at 01:17, Lloyd90 said:

Why are Gamebore Super Steel 32g carts considered non HP in sizes 5 and 4 ...  but the exact same cartridge in size 3 (still all the same complements and 32g) are now classed as HP ... 

BASC guidance says only shop bigger than size 3 is auto classed as HP ... 

This has confused me whether I can use the GB super steel 32g 3’s through my Spanish Master SxS choked 1/2 and FULL. 

I asked my local cart supplier this as the print on the box for GB 32-3’s states from memory 3 1/4tonne or something v similar, there was then a piece of loose paper inside each box saying it must be fleur de lis. 1350bar…talk about contradicting themselves…if it was the US they’d be getting their ***** sued should there be an issue!

An email to them produced nothing of worth!

1 hour ago, Hicky said:

I asked my local cart supplier this as the print on the box for GB 32-3’s states from memory 3 1/4tonne or something v similar, there was then a piece of loose paper inside each box saying it must be fleur de lis. 1350bar…talk about contradicting themselves…if it was the US they’d be getting their ***** sued should there be an issue!

An email to them produced nothing of worth!

As far as I’m aware this has always been the case and is because the #3 at 3.5mm exceeds the SP maximum of 3.25. Good luck with trying to get a reason why that should be. I’ll take a flyer and GUESS that it is because the incompressibility of steel coupled with that diameter will generate a higher pressure.