22 lr

Sean100uk

Ok Shaun, here's my input. I had a cz 455 which is the thumbhole 16" varmint/heavy barrel. I've just traded it in for a CZ 452 silhouette. Its the 16" barrel again, but not the heavy barrel, with the synthetic stock. It has a sak mod and a hawke 3-9x40 scope on it. The weight all up is 3050grms or 6lbs 12ozs, which I think is about as light as you can get. Really manoeverable and stupidly accurate. I was chatting to the dealer today about how much better it was accuracy wise than the 455. His opinion was the 452 is pretty much the most accurate rifle out there, and said that he finds it embarrassing that it will outshoot everything including an Anschutz at over twice the money.

Pick one up and see how it feels for you :good: Good review here, first bit is longwinded but skip through (3.33)to the good bit. Its the CZ style. Same as mine above, but this has the nickel finish on the barrel, mine above is blues. Personal choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCt120qwmTE

Edited by turbo33

Ok Shaun, here's my input. I had a cz 455 which is the thumbhole 16" varmint/heavy barrel. I've just traded it in for a CZ 452 silhouette. Its the 16" barrel again, but not the heavy barrel, with the synthetic stock. It has a sak mod and a hawke 3-9x40 scope on it. The weight all up is 3050grms or 6lbs 12ozs, which I think is about as light as you can get. Really manoeverable and stupidly accurate. I was chatting to the dealer today about how much better it was accuracy wise than the 455. His opinion was the 452 is pretty much the most accurate rifle out there, and said that he finds it embarrassing that it will outshoot everything including an Anschutz at over twice the money.

Pick one up and see how it feels for you :good: Good review here, first bit is longwinded but skip through to the good bit. Its the CZ style. Same as mine above, but this has the nickel finish on the barrel, mine above is blues. Personal choice.

I think this is very helpful.

However, there is a lightweight hunting Annie which you can only get second hand but only weighs in at about 4.1/2 lb then add SAK and scope. Model 1450 and a few more with similar model numbers.

They very accurate, cheap and light. Better than my CZ452 but only available second hand.

Pick one up and see how it feels for you :good: Good review here, first bit is longwinded but skip through (3.33)to the good bit. Its the CZ style. Same as mine above, but this has the nickel finish on the barrel, mine above is blues. Personal choice.

another thumbs up from me, have the same rifle

+1 on the 452 silhouette, sak mod ricter 3-9x50 and Harris bipod and routine 100/110yd shots no problem on rabbits. Will put 10 shots through or touching the same hole at 60 yards which is miles better than my old 10/22. At the end of the most .22s are more accurate than the shooter ever will be so go for whichever you like most!

• 1 month later...