Foamie goose decoys

.philmypower.

I bought one about 3 months ago, I sprayed it to look more like a pink and it has been on its stake out side since I had it. Its in fine fettle so far, I bought the full body version and see no reason why it will not work. I will be ordering a few more before my next trip up north.

I get the feeling they will eventually perish, especially if left folded or creased for any length of time. I have during the closed season kept them inflated and stored in a dark cupboard and they still look OK. Only time will tell.

BTW, I am talking about the full bodied ones.

Just bought a doz to try out on the next trip north. Normally use Foam type, a few shells, loads of silhouettes and rags to provide movement, so these should fit right in.

Imported from China at a cost of about £4 each (minimum 500) plus transportation costs.

Rather than use the leg that comes with them I intend to spike them in the ground through the beak (Into the head and up the neck) with 12" of 16g wire so that they move and bob a bit more naturally. The head and neck needs to be filled with expanding foam to add more rigidity and strength and they could also do with a better paint job (I'll do that next year), but as they are so light they should work OK. If anyone has a problem with them getting back to the right shape after transportation or storage, just insert a balloon in the belly hole and blow it up. This puts them back into the right shape.

Their the ones mate. Order a couple to see what I think of them, as soon as they arrive ill let you know.

Thanks, I did look at the other type advertised on there but there seem to be a few being sold off cheaper due to damage, so decided to give those a miss for now.

Shame they do not have any Canada ones for sale as the Qtys are a bit on the large size to purchase from china but they don't look bad.

They do have canadas.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/canada-goose-decoys

Thanks, I did look at the other type advertised on there but there seem to be a few being sold off cheaper due to damage, so decided to give those a miss for now.

Shame they do not have any Canada ones for sale as the Qtys are a bit on the large size to purchase from china but they don't look bad.

Why are they so bad. I got some fud ones off the bay a while back. Yet to try them tho but they seem ok. Just seem small compared to the big old shell types

FUDs are a different decoy all together, I really like FUDs but these are just naff. They are dull, struggle to hold their shape and I'm pretty sure they will tear very easily

• 5 months later...

O

a bit disappointing then.....

sorry but these decoys are **** they fall to pieces the flocking comes off after first trip and they were only in fog no rain, i tried to leave very negative feedback to stop any other fowlers from making my mistake but i could not. i was lucky as i only got six to try

please if anyone reads this do not buy them!!!

all the best ....ian