Clay cartridges: Eley Olympics vs Fiocchi FBlu & Fiocchi Top One

All good cartridges,personnel choice is all the difference really.

The fblu get good reveiws, centre dense patterns,smome find they kick a bit more than top ones.

Buy a couple boxes of each and see what you like best then stick with them,better results from getting to know your cartridge than chopping and changing.

I've used them all but stuck with Hull Superfasts since they came on the market,as they do all I want and cheap enough.

Figgy

Fiocchi Top1 is Fiocchis budget clubman load, available in 71/2, 8 & 9s available in plastic and fiber wad.

Fiocchi F Blu is an entry level trap cartridge only available in 7.5 and plastic wad.

I've not shot the superfasts, but customers report that they are budget priced with cleanliness and recoil issues; you get what you pay for.

Please note. The Fiocchi shot sizes are Italian sizes. Deduct 1/2 from the Italian size to derive the English size.

Its probably best to compare shot sizes in mm, as many manufacturers also state the actual shot size either on the packaging or on their websites.

webber

Fiocchi Top1 is Fiocchis budget clubman load, available in 71/2, 8 & 9s available in plastic and fiber wad.

Fiocchi F Blu is an entry level trap cartridge only available in 7.5 and plastic wad.

I've not shot the superfasts, but customers report that they are budget priced with cleanliness and recoil issues; you get what you pay for.

Please note. The Fiocchi shot sizes are Italian sizes. Deduct 1/2 from the Italian size to derive the English size.

Its probably best to compare shot sizes in mm, as many manufacturers also state the actual shot size either on the packaging or on their websites.

webber

Gents

Further to my previous post, may I also advise that Fiocchi product which has been loaded for the UK market has English size shot stated on the box.

Products include:

TT21

Top 1

Top 20

Sporting Pigeon

PL loads

Golden Pheasant.

Sorry if I've confused anyone.

webber

I've shot thousands of Olympic 8's at all levels of sporting competitions and have always found them to be an excellent shell.

I also use Fiocchi Top Ones in 9's for close and medium range birds showing plenty of belly. They are also excellent, in fact with my tightly choked fixed choke gun the clays are often "balls of smoke".

IMO there is no need to pay more for so called superior cartridges.

I've shot thousands of Olympic 8's at all levels of sporting competitions and have always found them to be an excellent shell.

I also use Fiocchi Top Ones in 9's for close and medium range birds showing plenty of belly. They are also excellent, in fact with my tightly choked fixed choke gun the clays are often "balls of smoke".

IMO there is no need to pay more for so called superior cartridges.

So as an alround clay cartridge Olympics or Top one`s ?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...