Harkila Forester wellies

RossEM

I bought a pair last week . Had chameau's before that and they split at the back after about 4/5 years.The forester are a little bit heavier but seem well made. Also i would say slightly tighter fit than the chameau's i could of done with half a size bigger than my normal . I need to do a season shooting/beating before i no how good they really are though.

btw uttings were about the cheapest place i found.

• 2 months later...

I had a look at thd ones with the full zip,quality looked spot on but thrn again so did my musto' that seeped in water through the instep within weeks.Would def be interested in the Harkila if there were a few reviews.

What is it with all the top brand wellingtons these days,prices seem to be going up but quality slipping.Seems they are all using cheap glue.

Ten weeks now and mine haven't let me down yet.They are a bit on the warm side thought ,bring on some frosts.

Cheers for that - does this H-Vent thing work as described - i.e. that it stops your legs getting all sweaty!?

Yes they do but your going to need two pairs.

PS. Sorry I just couldn't resist.

I imagine they'd find them difficult to mooooove in... :no:

I am a dedicated boots and gaiters man, but since getting these I have worn them for full days a few times and they are great.

They have an "adjustment" mid sole so if they feel too tight take the top insole out, then take out the adjustment layer, then replace the top insole.

I normally wear them with plus fours so just long socks over a base layer and they are perfectly warm without being too hot. That said stuffing jeans into them for a quick half hours training or whatever and they are fine.

They seem to be the best wellies I've had, provided the build quality is up to scratch. But my experience of Harkila and Seeland is excellent in terms of replacing goods I do not think have performed as they should.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've just bought a pair and they're coming in 10 days or so directly from harkila via sportsman gun center. There seems to be a national shortage of size 10! I'm taking this as a sign that they are good and in demand. I'm replacing my aigle parcours ISO that Iva had for the past 8+ years which are still waterproof but very worn out.

Im an Aigle man is me !

Not keen on any of the others especially Le Chameau or Hunters they crack and leak plus soles come off ....

Had one pair Aigles 18 years and no leaks at all

I only replaced them as the soles started to crack.

Now got two pairs of Aigles one for dog walking the others shooting both Parcours and last ones are the latest heel fatigues there well worth a look too.

Edited by blasterjudd

I've always been an aigle man myself. The reason for this was they had thicker neoprene than the chameaus for a lot less money. The harkilas are quite competitive price wise for a boot with a full length zip. You're looking at the best part of £250 for chameaus these days! The cheapest I saw the full zip harkilas was £159.

• 4 weeks later...

WGD wish I could share your enthusiasm for Seeland, my missus had a pair of their wellies and whilst they were fantastic for around 6 months, they pretty soon leaked after that. Unfortunately didn't keep proof of purchase so nothing doing unfortunately. Won't be buying again for sure. :-(

Both mine and my sons seelands heels came away,two diff styles. Quality issues across the whole brand.I then tried Musto,7 weeks later they leaked.Back on the old faithfull Muck boot at the moment.

muck boots,thems the fellas,had mine 5 years now,still as comfy and waterproof as the day i bought them,a mate has a pair of the harkilas but not long enough to give a good/bad review...........

• 2 months later...

Right, so I've had the Harkilas since October last year. The verdict is that they are a quality boot. Far better than my old Chameaus, warmer, sturdier, and the overall quality of manufacturing, stitching etc is 100% better. Also, I had Hunter Sovereign before the Chameaus, and the zips on the Harkilas are much better quality. The Hunters were leather lined, therefore hard to beat on comfort and did last 3 years of everyday use around the farmyard - I do think the Harkilas would stand up to the same kind of stick. They are a heavy boot but it's compensated for by the cushioned sole, which is like walking on air.

Well worth the very reasonable investment - well done Harkila, happy customer here