Hawke, MTC, Nikko Stirling or...

chrisjpainter

What scope make do you lot use?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What scope make?

Leupold for me, good optics , loads of models and any company that put a lifetimes warranty on a product are confident and got my vote,

but for a second choice if you on a budget I dont think you could go wrong with Nikko Stirling some damn good scopes for not a lot of money.

Alan

To be honest bud ,the selection of scopes you posted are all as good as each other with little or no real differences to speak of.

Any-one looking for a budget to mid-range scope wont go far wrong with any of the above, just down to personal choice really.

To be honest bud ,the selection of scopes you posted are all as good as each other with little or no real differences to speak of.

Any-one looking for a budget to mid-range scope wont go far wrong with any of the above, just down to personal choice really.

It wasn't so much what was good or not, it's what's actually used! I'm not buying one or anything, i was just curious to see what people used :)

It depneds on what rifle its for and the purpose its for I would say.

I have always been a MTC fan, but got a Hawke in the deal with my FAC Huntsman and its the panorama with the half mil dot..........I love it and I am very torn between the two brands now. What made it worse was last weekend I looked through a Hawke sidewinder with the sr pro reticule..... I thought it was bloomming fantastic and if I got one it would be the most expensive scope Ive ever had but I doubt I would regrett it.

I couldnt choose one brand but I do now lean more towards HAWKE. Both the Panorama and Side winder are brillient.

ATB

Matt

Just out of idle curiosity really. Why not? :good: It'll be interesting to see what comes back as favourite. then we can organise a big fight between the crews :)

For those with rifles, just keep it to the scopes on the AIR GUNS

The fact is Hawke offer a half decent range that will tend to work on the majority of air rifles, rimfire and even a few CF, so they will get votes on price and usability!

VFM out of that lot, I would still rate my old Simmons 3.5-10x50 WTC, it really did offer a package of engineering, durability and glass!

MTC, Nikko, etc, etc; how do you judge, I have owned and used a number of TOP end scopes but I am yet to find ANY scope I have an orgasm over, and frankly you can keep some of the silly money scopes, they do not offer anything more than I need from a £100 scope in many applications.

There are very few people/guns/applications (outside of target) that NEED a scope past about £350-£400, some just want them, fine! :good:

Edited by Dekers

The fact is Hawke offer a half decent range that will tend to work on the majority of air rifles, rimfire and even a few CF, so they will get votes on price and usability!

VFM out of that lot, I would still rate my old Simmons 3.5-10x50 WTC, it really did offer a package of engineering, durability and glass!

MTC, Nikko, etc, etc; how do you judge, I have owned and used a number of TOP end scopes but I am yet to find ANY scope I have an orgasm over, and frankly you can keep some of the silly money scopes, they do not offer anything more than I need from a £100 scope in many applications.

There are very few people/guns/applications (outside of target) that NEED a scope past about £350-£400, some just want them, fine! :good:

Reply to this topic

Good grief I agree with you for a change in what you say about Simmons WTC scopes.

I love them tbh and IMO are excellent value for money glass plus the black granite finish is very nice indeed!!

Well done Dekers!!

I have Hawke Panorama's on my air rifles and I think for the money they take some beating, they really are crisp and bright although I'm not sure about their claims on extra field of view.

I have a pair Hawke Eclipse 30 side focus's on my rimfires (.22lr+17HM2) and they are my favourite scope without a shadow of a doubt.

I have a Nikko Platinum Night eater 6-24x56 that is the most fussy scope for eye relief and whites out badly if you take it lamping so it's going to go on a bench rest rifle for my son, in daylight however it really is crisp glass.

I have a leupold 6-18x40 on my .243 and in cold weather it fogs internally - Leupold Lifetime guarantee?? They aren't interested. For what I spent on it I'd rather have another Eclipse 30SF.

Oh I've also got a cheap chinese 2x40 red dot on top of my Winchester 94AE in 357magnum, It takes one hell of a beating and hasn't broken so far or lost zero! £20 well spent :good: