lakenheath clay shooting

Hankbomb

I use Lakenheath quite regular for the Black Powder shooting and have to agree that since I have been going, I don't think I have had a day that all the traps we visited have worked. In a lot of the break downs it has been the same ones that gave us hassle the week before. Due to the uncertainty of how long he can hold on to the place I think that he is spending little or no money on the maintenance of the place.

As others have mentioned, not anything like it used to be per fire. I've also heard rumours that it will close very soon as the land owners (not the club owner) are developing or at least going to use the land for something else.

Barrow Heath has a 100 ESP registered this Sunday and is not far from there, otherwise Cambridge GC as others have said (not been there myself yet).

Hope you fire a few off.

It`s a terrible shame about the fire. it really did knock the stuffing out of what was a great ground. Unfortunately It may be best to give it a miss...

The Cambridge Gun Club is near by & it`s a very friendly club with good amount of sporting stands and a fab cafe... Well worth a look.

• 3 weeks later...

It isnt a rumor, it is closing. The lease expires next year and the mod have applied for planning permission to build military houses/married quarters. It's a Shame it's gone down hill. 3 years ago it was one of the best around!!

Sorry to disagree but it was a good ground many years ago, it's been a ****hole since Peter got hold of it!

I was there today. There is a court case pending regarding the lease. This is due to be heard in December . If successful , and Elvedon estates grant the lease, a new clubhouse will be built.

As things stand, the place is not closing.

Given the choice between Lakenheath and Cambridge gun club, and I've been to both, I prefer Lakenheath.