Zink pinkfoot call

fenboy

I have both I prefer the archie Jordan much more pink like call but its not as easy to use as the zink in my opinion. I find it easy due to excitement to put too much air into the archie Jordan and block it getting no noise at all,i don't have that problem with the zink but as I say I much prefer the Jordan. my friend has a zink whitefront call and uses it on pinks very well indeed

I think any call will work for pinks, after all it's only a two or three syllable call. The individual birds have different tones anyway, and ganders are high pitched than the goose.

IMO the greylag is the most difficult call to get right.

I have both I prefer the archie Jordan much more pink like call but its not as easy to use as the zink in my opinion. I find it easy due to excitement to put too much air into the archie Jordan and block it getting no noise at all,i don't have that problem with the zink but as I say I much prefer the Jordan. my friend has a zink whitefront call and uses it on pinks very well indeed

The Zink call is very easy to blow and is very loud. It will do the job ok. My Favourite pink call is the haydels snow/blue (b81) call that has been custom tuned by Paddles Down. I think they are still available on the evil bay.

Edit - They are still available, for £19.95.

The Zink greylag call makes a good pink call. I don't rate it as a greylag call, though.

Edited by motty

I tend to agree with Penelope,while on the marsh I have seen pinks turn and come to people just using there voice,and to me they sounded more like a dog that had been stood on, :oops: than a goose.!

I,ve got an Archie Jordan,and am quiet happy with it. :good: Can,t comment on the zinc as I have never had one.

I have an Archie Jordan and get on well with it. I have had it in bits and altered it to how I want it (easy to do). Fenboy, you know it sounds good as you was looking for geese a couple of weeks ago when I was showing how it sounded to Jim :lol: .

Not sure I have head a zinc, but everyone has their favourites.

I have an Archie Jordan and get on well with it. I have had it in bits and altered it to how I want it (easy to do). Fenboy, you know it sounds good as you was looking for geese a couple of weeks ago when I was showing how it sounded to Jim :lol: .

Not sure I have head a zinc, but everyone has their favourites.

Yes I thought it sounded very good , will give the zink a go if I dont get on with it then I will have to try another.

• 3 weeks later...

Most people with a bit of practice or instruction can call geese especially pinks quite successfully just using their lungs and mouth in most cases and scenarios far better than using a call, I was taught by guy on the Humber now long dead but was well known for his skill and for many years this has served me well,

For back up or if I have a cold or sore throat I have used a number of calls but found a original olt 800 slightly tuned to works as good as anything for pinks and greys, after the success im having with the very raspy Nixon Mallard call im certainly going to try one of his goose jobbies iv heard them on the marsh a few times now and I reccon they have the edge on the old 800's .

Most people with a bit of practice or instruction can call geese especially pinks quite successfully just using their lungs and mouth in most cases and scenarios far better than using a call, I was taught by guy on the Humber now long dead but was well known for his skill and for many years this has served me well,

For back up or if I have a cold or sore throat I have used a number of calls but found a original olt 800 slightly tuned to works as good as anything for pinks and greys, after the success im having with the very raspy Nixon Mallard call im certainly going to try one of his goose jobbies iv heard them on the marsh a few times now and I reccon they have the edge on the old 800's .

Mr butler i presume ?

• 10 months later...