caesar guerini

nugget

• 4 months later...

I think they're a really nice gun, only shot the demo - but felt very nice, stock fitted me very well and a good balance.

For my taste - just too expensive, £5k just seemed a bit too much - firstly in relation to the other models and also to their competition.

£5k is putting you in the new Blaser, Perazzi MXS etc - or used Perazzi, Krieghoff etc and for me it was a bit out of the idea price point if that makes sense.

I ended up with a Blaser F3 which felt for me a little more 'special', but the RF is a superb gun and for a grand cheaper - I may well have been tempted

• 3 weeks later...

I have a CG Maxum (32" game) and love it, way prefer it to my MK38. I found a fair few down south, at first I looked at sport/ trap versions by accident as the adverts didn't make it clear enough, for example not showing the ventilated rib, that they weren't game versions. If the summit is anything like the Maxum, (and I think it is probably very much like the Maxum, just in different clothes) its a great gun for the money. Most places I went let me test them first.

I think they're a really nice gun, only shot the demo - but felt very nice, stock fitted me very well and a good balance.

For my taste - just too expensive, £5k just seemed a bit too much - firstly in relation to the other models and also to their competition.

£5k is putting you in the new Blaser, Perazzi MXS etc - or used Perazzi, Krieghoff etc and for me it was a bit out of the idea price point if that makes sense.

I ended up with a Blaser F3 which felt for me a little more 'special', but the RF is a superb gun and for a grand cheaper - I may well have been tempted

I agree with your whole post, there are a lot of guns out there which have plain wrong pricing applied by the manufacturers. The MXS for instance should be £2500 grand not nearly double that :|:rolleyes: , hardly an easy entry into the mark is it ? The RF is a very attractive gun but it wasn't even designed by RF and the asking price is just too much.

Blaser entered the market with the promise of competitively priced well engineered guns, it took them 2 or 3 goes before they got the engineering bit right but they simply do not deserve to be sitting where they are price wise. Next to zero shotgun history or success yet the want £5500 grand ! :innocent::rolleyes:

The trouble with a lot of gun makers is they do not leave their windowless rooms to have a looksee before they either design or price-pitch their wares.

If you go on gunstar and search for what you are looking for say krieghoff,good because it doesn't throw up thousands of option,find an add from malmo and click on it you can then go on to malmos page and all alphabetically ordered.Miles better than there own site,