How much are you guys paying farmers for shooting land?

I have a chance of some land to set up a shoot for about 6 to 8 lads.

Its not bad land however there is only 175 acre, but I do have the land all around it.

So just wondering how much an acre is the going rate, as I have never paid for shooting land in the past. (Midlands)

Edited by Actionpigeons

never paid for shooting land,ive been asked by one of my farmers to take over the pheasant shoot next season,for free,he"ll supply wheat,barley etc,the current lads are paying though,ive looked after this farm for around 23 years,ive been offered payment a few times also,but always decline...DAZ

never paid for shooting land,ive been asked by one of my farmers to take over the pheasant shoot next season,for free,he"ll supply wheat,barley etc,the current lads are paying though,ive looked after this farm for around 23 years,ive been offered payment a few times also,but always decline...DAZ

Thanks for your input, but not really an answer to the question is it. Now where did I leave my trumpet

We pay £1.00 an acre for 150 acres between two of us. We did have it for free until we wanted to put down some birds and then approached the landowner and asked how much he would like to make the land exclusively ours. It is just a nominal fee as he likes having us around. The 150 acres borders another 150 acres owned by a mate, which we don't pay for. We do help out on both properties for free whenever the landowners want us. It counts for far more than money in my opinion.

It all depends on the type of acres location more than just the size, a block with plenty of gully's with woods or cover crops either side that will show nice sporting birds u could be looking £10+ obviously thats more commercial shoot type money, while a flat arable dustbowl is a lot cheaper

I pay less than £1 acre on a really decent bit of ground which i run a wee syndicate on.

I offered 20p an acre for the adjoining land of over 1000ac, which was useless and i thought i was being generous, only wanted it for a duck pond but it made 6 times that purely for dog training and the tennant farmer has never ever seen them there. Crazy money for wot it is :no:

It may be worth more to u thsn anyone else as u can use the ground around it, or u could be sneaky and let somone else take it and just shoot any birds that stray onto ur's

Thanks for your input, but not really an answer to the question is it. Now where did I leave my trumpet

no mate,i suppose not,if you cant find your trumpet,you can borrow mine, but on a more serious note,i hope you get what you want for a good price,best of luck mate.......DAZ

no mate,i suppose not,if you cant find your trumpet,you can borrow mine, but on a more serious note,i hope you get what you want for a good price,best of luck mate.......DAZ

Thank you Daz I have found the land but its hard to make an offer without knowing the going rate.

Im going to offer the farmer £550.00 for the 175 ac and see what he says. As I said I have the land around it so not much good to anyone else.

I found my trumpet too....lol added it below for you

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Action-Hawks/286564414737148?fref=ts

Edited by Actionpigeons

Thank you Daz I have found the land but its hard to make an offer without knowing the going rate.

Im going to offer the farmer £550.00 for the 175 ac and see what he says. As I said I have the land around it so not much good to anyone else.

I found my trumpet too....lol added it below for you

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Action-Hawks/286564414737148?fref=ts

lol,excellent mate...........

• 3 months later...

I'm just about to speak to the farmer about shooting the pheasants on his 300 acres where we do the vermin. Theres only 1 decent gully & a few hedge rows, the rest grazing so not sure what to offer him. The neighbouring farm has just been sold so I've left my contact details with the agent & he will pass them on with my enquiry about letting the shooting from the new owner. This land is better with a few more small woods but it might come to nothing yet

Proudly,

Does the farmer shoot? If so maybe you could broker a deal for some shooting for him rather than cash?

That's what I did and its nice going into the season knowing your rent isn't going up!

Also he if far keener to help out knowing it will benefit his day.

Atb mr pigeon

Hi, the farmer doesn't shoot on the farm we already have but he's a good bloke & someone who is generally struggling I think. He works another job to keep himself going as the farms a family thing. He might not take money but I will offer just difficult judging how much to offer as there is very little cover apart from the long gulley & some thick hedges