West Mercia FAC times

Andy RV

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi andy

Well west merica aren't the quickest my last renewal took 11 months, but had sent my fac in about 4 months ago for a 1 for 1 vacation and got it back with 6 weeks, it really just depends on there work load, there always under staffed and the cover a large area compared to some forces.

Just be patient, my friend had his 1st fac in about 3 months

Atb

Simon

Me and my dad just applied for are sgc and it took 8 weeks for the interview, then he said it will be another 8 for the license to come through we currbtly still havent had them, i am also getting basc involved as the feo keeps telling me that i cannot shoot on my own at my age so they will be twlling him that he is wrong once i get hold of my cert!

Hope it dosent take to long for you but dont hold up much hope if im honest

Having witnessed a mate's recent application process and having had chats with various office bods during my own variations etc; if nothing in your application requires further investigation, West Mercia at the moment will take about 1 week to cash cheques, 1 ~ 2 months to arrange interview, then about 3 weeks for processing. Land checks can extend this. Make sure EVERYTHING is correct on your application and take note that sometimes their website produces application documents with important sections missing such as signature boxes! Also make sure your referees are available and expecting a call. Don't be tempted to phone their office every day and don't ever give them the impression you're getting short tempered with them. I'd wager it'll take around 3 months. Get it sent off pronto then get on with your life. Checking your postbox twice a day is bad for your health! :)

West Mercia have now combined with Warwickshire, my last variation I did with them took 4 weeks.... When I recieved my license back they had left my .22 conditions on my license, when I rang up Warwickshire just before the big move, the man on the phone asked did I have a slot still to buy a .22, I said no just conditions for one, he said don't bother sending it in then west mecia will more than likely lose it, fills you with confidence!

I have my FAC renewal that I am doing now. Will keep you posted.

Oli I do hope you don't have the same FEO as me for your sake !

ATB

Matt

Im in Hereford and they process it all at Malvern, I doubt it is there are a few i believe, Hope yours doesn't take to long, Just waiting for mine to come through then get BASC on the phone to them to correct them.

ATB Oli

Just dropped my FAC application off with the firearms team in Malvern, the chap I spoke to seemed to think it was going to take about 2 months to process.

He also said he does not like the new forms and the new licenses are too small!

He was quite helpful though, and said they have had a load of new staff start recently and although they are inexperienced they are nearly up to speed so waiting times should come down.

• 2 months later...

I got mine in on time but it expires in 7 days time !

I will call them Wednesday as I paid my money which they cashed quickly but haven't herd a word from them since! On Wednesday I will ask for my renewed license by Saturdays post or a section 7 failing that am a BASC member and will be straight on the phone to them.

I've made no changes and have done everything on time so no excuses from them, it's only fair.

My section 7 is valid until may, certificates expired at the beginning of feb. My application was in before they expired but they sent it back and asked for a GP report due to time off work in 2009 for stress! As my certs expired while I was getting the report from the GP, I had to pay the extra £10 and reapply instead of renew! Was a bit peed off but the next day 2 section 7 certificates arrived. It only permits me to posses my guns and ammo, says nothing about being able to purchase any so I may be getting a bit short soon!

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update...

I have just spoken to west mercia again. They advised that my paperwork is all ok and has been issued to the Warwickshire office but has still not been issued to the FEO yet!! I asked why not and apparently the Warwickshire applications are all backlogged and they are trying to work through them as we speak. He said they were all going over the Warwickshire next weekend to try and get through the backlog.

I complained politely about the **** service I am receiving and the guy I spoke to was very apologetic. He told me to keep phoning and chasing them as they were to blame for the poor service and as I have paid I should expect better.

So in summary, my application has been with them 6 weeks today and I'm still waiting for FEO visit. I am seriously concerned now that if I don't get FAC issued soon and start popping some bunnies that I may lose my land as the farmer keeps chasing me. Not happy :-(

It may not be want you want to do but is there the option to to take some one out over this land with you to start getting the numbers down and keep the land owner happy ? And in return the person who takes you up on the offer takes you out on there land once your license comes through.

Failing that how about some air rifle or shotgun work to start making in roads and getting to know the land as well as keeping the land owner happy ?

Regards

Matt