West Mercia FAC times

Andy RV

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesn't make sense to me. They told me that my application had cleared intelligence within a few days of it being received. That is usually one of the first parts they complete. So not sure why yours is still at that staff after nearly 11 weeks?!

They have told me that what is taken time with mine, is Warwickshire passing it to me FEO to make an appointment with me.

It seems that everyone gets a different excuse when phoning up!!

*stage (not staff) typo

Have you tried calling yet? You get a brilliant voicemail that says we're all drowning under work so can't answer the phone, don't leave a message as there's no one to pick up the messages etc...

I think the Titanic radio room were less flustered

I spoke to a real human being! I have a feeling they don't answer after about 3 o'clock so could be why you had no joy.

Almost as bad as the DVLA!

Up to 3 months now and still nothing!

Spoke to a bloke who claimed my case was with intelligence who are now 'digging deeper' after the Woolwich murder because apparently a standard search wouldn't of brought up anything negative about the attackers..... Maybe they should just google peoples names instead. :blink:

Looks like you are ahead of me in the queue! Getting really frustrated doing psg with three shots!Looks like you are ahead of me in the queue! Getting really frustrated doing psg with three shots!

Well if you only said things once that might speed your times up! Prepare to weep as it looks like mine will arrive before yours and I will allow you to hold it for a short while before I take it back!

Well this is all mighty odd, there was a fella on here the other day who had his back from West Mercia in 13 days for a new FAC application and granted a .308. Seek, and ye shall find

I think he also found the missing plane too by the looks of his other comments! 13 days isn't enough for them to have googled your name for 'security checks'

I'm moving to West Mercia's patch on Tuesday. Anyone know if there's the same delay with just a change of address?

GH

When I put mine in for change of address with Warwickshire just before they were merging I had it back within 3 days but I didn't need a cabinet check as they are being kept at my old address still Edited by Olliesims