West Mercia FAC times

Andy RV

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is waiting for land checks to come back from Staffordshire as that's where my land is. Not sure how long that will take!! Other than that he seemed good to go on everything else. Where about are you? The only thing I can guess is that my local FEO might be a different person to yours, hence getting an earlier visit??

He is waiting for land checks to come back from Staffordshire as that's where my land is. Not sure how long that will take!! Other than that he seemed good to go on everything else. Where about are you? The only thing I can guess is that my local FEO might be a different person to yours, hence getting an earlier visit??

I'm in Worcester just up the road from where the firearms team is based!

I'm in North Warwickshire so it will be a different FEO to you. I'm guessing that's why I've had my visit sooner. The chap that came to see me was saying how many cut backs they've made, that's the reason it's taking so long to get visits. It's a disgrace if you ask me, the service is appaling and yet they are talking about putting fees up!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just been advised that my FAC is in tonight's post (first class). So assuming it does arrive tomorrow, that will be durations of:-

10 weeks from time of posting application to FEO visit

2 weeks from FEO visit to receiving certificate

Just been to the shop and put my name down on a CZ452 .17hmr American and various other bits and bobs, will be collecting on Thursday :-)

It's been a fuvkin long wait, I'm glad it's over I was ready to burst with anticipation!!

Will give the feo a call tomorrow. I had the letter from them saying to be patient and not call a couple of weeks ago, but getting very short of ammunition now! In a couple more weeks we'll be silaging and I need to get out then to reduce bunny and fox numbers!

I am in West Mercia and have had a SGC for many years, and for a time also an FAL. I have always found the individuals very helpful, and a short time ago the delays were much reduced. I understand they have now increased again (extra workload due to taking on Warwickshire). To have these very long delays is in my mind unacceptable, and the BASC and your MP can bring some pressure to the Chief Constable level to increase resource in the Firearms Department, ease the load for the team there, and improve the service to our shooting community.

There are rules and procedures to be followed, but it is the duty of the authorities to provide a timely and efficient service. My personal view is that 3-4 weeks is a 'reasonable' time to wait. This is not happening, and in my view pressure though the sporting associations (BASC, CPSA etc.) backed up by your MP is the right way to get this matter raised by the 'priority callers' at the top of the constabulary.

My application went in November 2013. Had to get a doctors report. Then nothing until about 2 weeks ago when I had my interview with a guy who is retiring this month. So they are down on FEOs and under a huge workload due to extended hours. Itll happen but just not quickly.

Had a surprise visit from the feo yesterday afternoon, unsurprisingly I was at work, he stuck a note through the door even though the missus was in he didn't knock on the door, I suppose he realised I was't there as my car wasn't on the drive.

Gave him a ring, he is coming to do my interview first thing Monday.

Wish me luck!

Warwickshire were one of the best departments in the country. My wife's SGC grant was 22 days from posting to delivered certificate and I had some additional slots on my FAC done in 2 weeks.

Then, boom, they merged with west mercia who were notoriously bad and instead of putting the best team (warks) in charge they shipped it all down to the useless west mercia department. Go figure...

Well he's been!

He said he had no problem with me having any of the calibres I asked for, or the ammo amounts, which surprised me as I thought I had got a bit carried away with the ammo quantities, although being a club member seems to have helped with that!

He also said he could not allow me to have deer on my ticket for the .243 unless I had some experience, which is what I expected but also said the same for .17hmr!!!

seems odd but he said this is what "the management" want to see at the moment, I understand this is not in home office guidelines but doesn't bother me as I don't intend to buy those for a while anyway, and he said I could use the .22 for vermin as the land I specified was already cleared for .22 centre fire.

Well he's been!

He said he had no problem with me having any of the calibres I asked for, or the ammo amounts, which surprised me as I thought I had got a bit carried away with the ammo quantities, although being a club member seems to have helped with that!

He also said he could not allow me to have deer on my ticket for the .243 unless I had some experience, which is what I expected but also said the same for .17hmr!!!

seems odd but he said this is what "the management" want to see at the moment, I understand this is not in home office guidelines but doesn't bother me as I don't intend to buy those for a while anyway, and he said I could use the .22 for vermin as the land I specified was already cleared for .22 centre fire.

Did you really ask for deer on your .17hmr ? :lol: