Picked up a new air rifle - Hatsan Striker 1000S .177

DTS

I've seen some great reviews on this rifle and I saw a good price for it with a 3-9x40 scope locally so I went to check it out at Livens gunshop burton on Trent.

Must say so far I'm very impressed. The scope took a little while to zero in but it's seeming pretty accurate to around 25yards now it's done.

Il do a good decent video review on it once I've run a few hundred pellets through it and re-zero'd the sights and I get out somewhere with the camera.

I've had a few air rifles before but not had a springer for a while.

Going to get on the look out for some land locally to get out on, but mostly cattle grazing farms here and I only know one of the land owners but il have a bloody good go.

Ginger cat most of the noise on a springer is mechanical so silencers don't have a great effect, you would do better to fettle the internals or send it to a hobby airgun tinkerer or professional fettler to have the internals polished and honed and such like. I have done mine and some for friends and it can make a big difference.

Quite like mine, trigger is rough but the gun is accurate and full power, would be interested to know if fitting a silencer is simple .

Have fun enjoying yours.

i imagine it's a case of taking off the short barrel shroud (grub screws?) and replacing it with a slip on silencer, with the aid of a slip on adapter, however demonwolf's right, a decent silencer will only go so far and will do very little to soften the noise of the action. A bit of fettling and tuning by someone who knows what they are doing would do more to reduce the noise

i must say that i was surprised at how quiet it is for a springer.

Im finding it very accurate up to around 30 yards which is fine for my needs.

Its only to tide me over while i save up for something more high end, and im considering FAC as ive agreed a couple of permissions so it may be worthwhile

Ginger cat most of the noise on a springer is mechanical so silencers don't have a great effect, you would do better to fettle the internals or send it to a hobby airgun tinkerer or professional fettler to have the internals polished and honed and such like. I have done mine and some for friends and it can make a big difference.

I do wish people would stop spouting this load of old tosh.

1) A springer action sounds loud as it fires, as your head is right bleeding next to it!

2) Muzzle crack on a spring powered rifle is very loud.

3) Fitting a moderator does reduce it!

4) It is worthwhile!

There are a few spring powereds that have moderators permanently fitted such as the Stoeger X20 Supressor model, some of the Theoben gas rams (Fenman) as well as some HWs! They would not bother if the noise was all action as you say!

Edited by secretagentmole

1) A springer action sounds loud as it fires, as your head is right bleeding next to it!

4) It is worthwhile!

There are a few spring powereds that have moderators permanently fitted such as the Stoeger X20 Supressor model, some of the Theoben gas rams (Fenman) as well as some HWs! They would not bother if the noise was all action as you say!

+1

I have a 1000s Striker in .25 cal and it`s very good for the money.

Has the Mole says it`s the Muzzle crack that needs cutting down.

I put a Scope and a Silencer on mine.

If i remember rightly the barrel is 16 mm O/D so i got a 16 mm Silencer for it.

I tried boiling water. A heat gun paint stripper type. But it still wouldn`t budge.

There`s no glue and it`s not bonded on just a very tight push on fit.

In the end i just cut it underneath most of the way with a small disc in my Dremel.

It worked a treat and the barrel is well blued all the way under that massive plastic end.

So just cut the plastic of and get a 16mm grub screw type Silencer for it job sorted.

The Silencer i put on was £20 and it`s calmed the Muzzle crack right down.

Underdog asked the same Question when he got his Striker in .25 cal over a year ago.

I don`t know if he put a Silencer on his gun in the end or not.

Good luck.

Edited by NIGHT SEARCHER

All I know is the plastic has to be carefully cut off for a silencer.

Polishing the guts on these is worth while and adding more grease to the spring does shut them up some.

The trigger is simple and the sears easily polished with fine wet n' dry and a small square section of steel.

A longer adjusting screw (think it was m3) gets rid of some creep, just don't try to make a match trigger via the adjuster! Be reasonable and sensible about it.

U.

Lol...thanks NIGHT SEARCHER.

Never did fit one no.

Edited by Underdog

hmmm think i might have a crack at this only i dont have a dremel so might have to be a little more inventive.

fancy taking some work in progress pictures GingerCat?

after a quick google it seems the only silencer i can find is a weirauch unit at £50? any recommendations?

Edited by DTS

The problem is gun shops or airgun dealers cannot sell you a silencer and post it to you anymore.

A lot of gun shops sell cheap silencers but you have to pick them up.

www.airgunpellet.co.uk Sell 16 mm Silencers for £20 but they are in Yorkshire.

There web site is worth a look loads of stuff on there.

There`s loads of 15 mm and 15.5 mm silencers for BSA Barrels out there grub screw type.

You might even get a second hand one from a gun shop.

Just call in a Engineering shop or machine shop.

And ask them to Drill. Bore. or Reamer it out to 16 mm I/D.

Or drill it out yourself it`s very easy to drill Aluminium.

4) It is worthwhile!

They would, for marketing reasons, moderators are fashionable, that's why. I've got a striker .25 and all I can hear really is the spring, not muzzle crack. For that reason, I don't think it would be worthwhile on this model. Just my opinion though. Shorter barrelled air rifles and pneumatics are different matter though.