clubs selling used guns?

martindd

Does anyone know of clay grounds in the East Midlands selling used shotguns?

I've read on a couple of posts trying out guns at clubs.

I also see when looking for a gun to try as many as possible to see which fits,which seems to me easier said than done.

Been to a few shops but in reality the second hand stuff you're lucky if there's two guns in your price range, which makes it really hard to compare.

Also if you don't have mates who you go shooting with that's another way you can't try guns out.

So basically does anyone know if the likes of Crockett farm

,stile hollow,Nottingham gun club etc and ones further out have second hand guns for sale that could be tried out?

Thanks Martin

Orston shooting ground - i think, sells guns

Kibworth shooting ground as well

I've met someone privately at a clay ground to test and have a go with a gun before purchasing, thats another way of doing it. If it doesnt go well, you have wasted both each others time though lol

As already said above.

East mids grounds with shops will be Orston, Kibworth, and Sporting targets. All have some secondhand stock you can try at their ground.

These are the places I went when buying my first O/U.

Edited by simonix

Ideally looking at Beretta,browning and miroku,second hand.

Had a silver pigeon a few years back,more concerned with 100% fit.

Multi choked also as it needs to be an all rounder.

Bakerboy how's the 28 bore Rossi doing you bought from me?

Hi Martin

The gun is working very well, and is well accepted by the young shots that use it on a regular basis, it will be out again this Sunday with 20+youngsters attending the day.

At the A1 we have a number of really good hardly used Berettas that have come over from Italy after being used as demo guns, all are in top condition.

You are more than welcome to try before you buy.

I will put up a list of the guns on Wednesday when I am back down at the ground.

Terry

• 6 months later...

x2 top shop nevs :good::good:

x3 bit late but nevilles at alfreton are excellent, very knowledgeable, no pressure either, see their web site, literally hundreds of guns to choose from, have their own shooting ground just up the road at tansley where you can try second hand guns before you buy, top gunsmith too - people go to nevilles from all over the country - I would phone up and have a chat to make arrangements before hand. I'm not connected in any way, just get good service time after time.

x3 bit late but nevilles at alfreton are excellent, very knowledgeable, no pressure either, see their web site, literally hundreds of guns to choose from, have their own shooting ground just up the road at tansley where you can try second hand guns before you buy, top gunsmith too - people go to nevilles from all over the country - I would phone up and have a chat to make arrangements before hand. I'm not connected in any way, just get good service time after time.

I've just bought a gun from Neville's in the last week or so - great service and really nice genuine people to deal with.

I dealt with John Neville and he provided an excellent service.

Got a poor service locally so went further afield than I usually go (Essex) - worth the effort though and great selection of guns.