PW CATTON RIFLE SHOOTING WEEKEND 17/18TH MAY 2014

SPARKIE

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not a range so technically i dont think so. You are drifting into the grey area of landowners, servants, estate rifles etc and to be honest, making a rod for your own back.

I will tell you a story about what you said above. When my son put in for his first FAC, I had to be with him as he was under 18, she asked if he had any experience shooting 22LR, I said yea he has shot mine loads of time with me, she then gave me a ####ing :/ . So lesson learnt

Just knocked 100 up, not all for PW though, got a load more to do, cases prepped and read,

was quite chuffed that I've only lost 3 or 4 lapua case's 2 ide damaged while resizing, thought I had lost more.

Got another 100 or so to do tomorrow, all 22.250,

Fruity its OK you can't see your face, if you're at Catton 10th I'll take it there.

Check your case's fruity don't whant any mishaps

Gentlemen of the Catton Sharp Shooters Battalion.

I deeply regret that I am unable to attend this years soirée in the woods.

The Memsahib is recovering nicely from her recent operation but we have, allegedly, sold the house and will be moving into the village at the end of the month.

Downsizing means a lot of hard graft - mainly ruddy great bonfires - and the lady can't do it on her own.

So, I will have to forgo this years battle of Catton Gulch and pack boxes instead.

Will be thinking of you and I will raise a glass, or two, in your direction.

Grandalf / Ben

Edited by Grandalf

I hope that the move goes well for you both, and not too stressful, its a great pity you weren't nearer I'm sure we could have all given you a hand with the bonfire and the move. You will be missed by many I am sure,

best wishes to your wife too,

Dougy

Gentlemen of the Catton Sharp Shooters Battalion.

I deeply regret that I am unable to attend this years soirée in the woods.

The Memsahib is recovering nicely from her recent operation but we have, allegedly, sold the house and will be moving into the village at the end of the month.

Downsizing means a lot of hard graft - mainly ruddy great bonfires - and the lady can't do it on her own.

So, I will have to forgo this years battle of Catton Gulch and pack boxes instead.

Will be thinking of you and I will raise a glass, or two, in your direction.

Grandalf / Ben

Sorry to hear you cannot make the weekend this year.....maybe next year.

Send your missus a get well soon from me and hope the move goes well...

take care ben.

martyn

Everybody bring your shooting sticks then, the comp will be held at a random moment so be prepared to get on and do it there and then if you want to earn ultimate PW bragging rights. Whatever comp it is, you wont need more than three rounds and it will be 350 yards or under. I will state the range before you shoot so no rangefinders required. I might even setup a 17hmr shot alongside at appropriate range too.

What comp was it in the end ?

Im at forum member chrisv's house and he has suggested i bring a load of his bits and bobs that he doesn't need to sell for him. He is hopeless and never gets round to doing this himself so the list begins here;

Nikon 600 rangefinders £120, Brunton Epoch 10.5x43 binoculars with doubler and tripod mount, semi hard case (ooh er) £375. Tikka t3 5 round 223 mag £10. Deerhunter montana jacket, camo, size euro 48 (40/42") vgc £50. Deerhunter Ram camo trousers vgc £30, euro size 46 (32"). Rem 700 boyd pepper laminate thumbhole sporter bdl stock,£75, short action(223/243/308etc), barrel channel needs sanding smooth as its a bit rough. Rem 700 bdl original walnut stock, decent condition, £40

All prices are Ono, im not going to loads of effort, it will all come with me so bring some cash, have a look and we can haggle within reason, if you no likey, we walk away

If Reggiegun would pick this up for me i will take that please :good:

I found out today im getting some FLIR kit asap amd im not sure i dare bring it as it will no doubt be worth a fortune but i kinda want to, im just terrified of loosing that, never mind a t3 mag.

Could be a bit of fun scanning it around the tents when everyone is suppose to be a sleep

Heaving with amusement now and sadly fruitloop will have to bear the joke, sorry Rob.

He is on the cover of the Swedish magazine, next to a lovely looking lady in a wet t-shirt holding her Beaver. sadly I cant post pictures on this thread but I WILL BE BRINGING THAT WITH ME!

Put up in sporting pictures then, lets all have a laugh