Essex Shotgun Application delays

Travlaa

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking to buy a gun off a friend of mine, but doubt he can hold onto it for much longer as he needs the money for his new one

Pay him now and take the gun when you get the paperwork.

As long as you don't have a sorted past you'll get the cert granted.

I can see why you would ring up, but if people do then you are tying people up dealing with calls who could be getting certificates out. I'm not sure ringing them is helping.

Obviously grants go to the bottom of the pile.

Pay him now and take the gun when you get the paperwork.

As long as you don't have a sorted past you'll get the cert granted.

I can see why you would ring up, but if people do then you are tying people up dealing with calls who could be getting certificates out. I'm not sure ringing them is helping.

Obviously grants go to the bottom of the pile.

That's what I have now done, just want to get out and shoot some clays now. Feel like I am 5 again and waiting for Christmas

Rang up this morning to check they received my email containing permission forms/maps etc for clearing. All was received but they couldn't give me an ETA. Apparently they are still back logged and they are currently trying to get through the renewals. She said to give a call back at the end of next week.

Anyone else have any experience with how long it takes to get land cleared with Essex?

Thanks guys, I am in the Great Dunmow area, I think I will give my FEO a call this afternoon and see if there is anything he can do for me. Looking to buy a gun off a friend of mine, but doubt he can hold onto it for much longer as he needs the money for his new one

Thanks guys, I am in the Great Dunmow area, I think I will give my FEO a call this afternoon and see if there is anything he can do for me. Looking to buy a gun off a friend of mine, but doubt he can hold onto it for much longer as he needs the money for his new one

Buy the gun and leave it on your friends SGC until you are ready to take it home on your SGC when it arrives (no reason not to be granted a SGC that you know of?).

If you go out shooting with him, you gun use the gun under his control/supervision.

That is presuming you are not a prohibited person.

Buy the gun and leave it on your friends SGC until you are ready to take it home on your SGC when it arrives (no reason not to be granted a SGC that you know of?).

If you go out shooting with him, you gun use the gun under his control/supervision.

That is presuming you are not a prohibited person.

Yep that is what I have now done, and no reason why I shouldn't get my SGC. FEO was happy when he visited. Looking forward to getting my own cert through

Got my email reply this morning and nothing has changed, it's still on the Supervisors very large table waiting to be signed off, or not as the case may be.

Good job I've got other hobbies to keep me busy.

Owo, any news on your application yet? Still not received mine. Hopefully get it soon.

Nothing from them as yet, will be sending in a letter to the Chief at HQ if nothing by the 6th Feb asking him to explain why they cannot work to a policy that they have instigated of 8-10 week's as that will be 19 weeks since my application was handed in at HQ.

Started decorating the lounge's today, wife like a frog on acid with the wallpaper steamer, everywhere but where you needed it !!

Nothing in my post this week granting my licence, so a letter heading the way of Essex HQ asking a few pertinent questions of their ability to run a department within their policy of granting licence's within 8/10 week's, not the 19 that I have been waiting.

Write to the police crime commissioner and your mp as well might help speed things up. Just remember you are paying for a service, and they are not doing you a favour

13 weeks to the day. Spent a couple of hrs down the fennes this morning....in the rain. Shot very well with it.

Owo you should give your FAO a call, I rang Paul and he said he would check it out and chase it up for me. If you ring around 9am they are usually at a computer so can check it and chase it up

Rang up at 9:00 this morning as Travlaa suggested and got all the usual, very busy, have to be thorough, its on the supervisors desk, I know that you told me weeks ago when will I get a bloody licence.

Await the outcome of my letter to the Chief now I suppose. It's getting very hard to stay polite on the phone though.