Essex Shotgun Application delays

Travlaa

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannot get the gist of your last item Travlaa, I phoned the FEO who came out to me on her number and only got voice mail so rang into the office and got the response given in my earlier text, life is too short to get into this B------t with them and can do without it after all this time, if and when it come's through then they get some flak.

My reply back from HQ state's, due to staff shortage's and sickness renewals are taking precedence over grant's as they do not want any illegal possession's in the system which you can understand.

My file has been with the Inspector since January and because of the backlog may well be there for some time yet.

The wait go's on.

I submitted my SGC application in the second week of December. I received a phone call from a female firearms officer last thursday (makes it out to be 10 weeks from submission to being contacted). I emailed them a few weeks after submitting the application and they said that...

'...The general turn-around time for a new grant application, which involves a visit by one of our enquiry officers, is between 10 and 12 weeks. However, due to the Christmas period and current workload, this may have to be extended...'

I feel that I may be in this for the long haul, but will keep y'all updated.

Hatcher

I did send them an email asking if they had received my SGC application as I had given my bank statement a look and the cheque I sent them with my application has not been cashed yet . But as of yet they haven't replied to my email . So I wasn't sure if they had received my papers . Or do they only cash cheques when they get round to looking at your application ? Here's hoping . This is like waiting for a baby to arrive .

No idea with regards to the cashing of the cheque. But I know that they are stacked up with renewals. Apparently they moved offices in Jan so that put them even further behind. A quick call to firearms will put your mind at rest as to whether they have received it, and you could also ask who your visiting FAO will be?

I applied for my shotgun licence mid November 2013 (Essex)

Finally had the FAO visit last month and followed up with a 2nd meeting to check my safe.

14 weeks later I’m still waiting.

Hopefully it won’t take too much longer as I’ve already put a deposit down on a shotgun, not sure how much longer the shop will hold it for me L

I applied for my shotgun licence mid November 2013 (Essex)

Finally had the FAO visit last month and followed up with a 2nd meeting to check my safe.

14 weeks later Im still waiting.

Hopefully it wont take too much longer as Ive already put a deposit down on a shotgun, not sure how much longer the shop will hold it for me L

Fingers crossed although it seems a bit hit and miss as to who gets there certs.

What gun are you getting? Did you go to the guys at Essex gun?

Quick update . Just phoned essex police to make sure they had received my SGC application that I applied for last month and they said yes they have received it and one of their new officers ( Steve Buscall ) will be contacting me to arrange my inspection . So it looks like things are happening .

Quick update . Just phoned essex police to make sure they had received my SGC application that I applied for last month and they said yes they have received it and one of their new officers ( Steve Buscall ) will be contacting me to arrange my inspection . So it looks like things are happening .

I've just phoned Essex police and have been told although I had my visit last month and my safe inspection, it could still take another two months due to the backlog.

Bearing in mind I applied in November, so I wouldn’t hold your breath

Spoke with BASC today as advised relating to my now 21 week wait for my licence and it seems that I am doing all the right things but still not getting a result.

Advice is to get in touch with the Supervisor and if no joy ask to speak directly with the Inspector, but only as a last resort, will keep you updated.

My FLO has just been round and cleared the land on his way to see someone else. There you go people, try and get in direct contact with your FLO, as when I was ringing up the general number they were telling me it was "on a pile" and would be seen to, when in fact it had been missed and wasn't on a pile at all.

Any way fair play it seems that they really are trying to catch up down there.

My FLO has just been round and cleared the land on his way to see someone else. There you go people, try and get in direct contact with your FLO, as when I was ringing up the general number they were telling me it was "on a pile" and would be seen to, when in fact it had been missed and wasn't on a pile at all.

Any way fair play it seems that they really are trying to catch up down there.

:good: excellent news Brad.

Yep I definitely recommend calling your firearms officer. They tend to be much more helpful than the general office number

Spoke with my FLO yesterday.

Apparently all my background checks have been completed, they are now just carrying out checks on people I may know neighbours etc.

Unfortunately they can't give me a date for when this will be completed as my application is not a priority as they are still working to get the renewals out.

Although I can appreciate renewals come first, I still think it’s taking far too long.

I’m just going to play the waiting game now, as I don’t want them to put my application to the bottom of the pile.