Essex Shotgun Application delays

Travlaa

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Reading this is like a blast from the past, took them 5 month's to grant my FAC and all of the items that I have read here were stated to me whenever I contacted them.

Be sure you are being treated as a ****wit by someone.

When you have had enough of this ask to speak with Insp Emma Brooks as she is the one in charge of this department.

Hi guys, glad to see it's not just me suffering. I applied back in mid to end of January, had my interview within 6weeks (Feb 1/2 term) and was told it would be 4-6weeks! Fired off a couple of emails and received fairly bland, generic responses - last one stating over 18week wait. Getting very impatient now!! Sister in law is holding my gun on her cert for me. It's annoying though as I've missed a fair few opportunities to go shooting on my own, etc. How long is too long?!

Edited by Moley101

Apparantly they have a backlog of 600renewals currently, and only one guy in the office as the others have left/are ill/ etc.

Local dealers/shops are getting very frustrated as it is affecting their business.

BASC are aware and are looking into it also.

letters also sent to general complaints, PCC and chief constable! using pester power!

Edited by Moley101

I'm on 5 months in South Yorkshire. Cheque cashed after 1 week, home visit after 3, 12 weeks later and still nothing through the post. I'm calling them every month, and their response is that there's a lot more applications than usual, they're short-staffed, and renewals get put in front of grants.