ducks breast

brownshooter222

I do mine very simply. I pluck the breast and then remove the breast from the carcass. Score the skin with a sharp knife, season both sides of the breast.

Seal the breasts in a pan; however, put the breasts on the pan when it is cold skin side down, no oil required as there is enough fat in the skin. When the breasts are sealed I put them in the oven (again skin side down) uncovered for about 20 minutes. Leave to rest for a few minutes & slice.

Served with spuds & veg and gravy it is very nice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

If you use the breast without the skin;

Wrap in streaky bacon, fry in a little olive oil to drown off bacon, stick in a oven for about 10mins (180c), take out of pan to rest (cover in foil), with juices still in pan add a drop of orange juice, port (red wine will do) and stir in a bit of redcurrant sauce. Serve with what you want, I like it with well buttered new pots and baby veg.

Can easily be varied, if you pluck and want the skin I'd leave the bacon, if the sauce is too rich for you, leave any 1 of the 3 ingredient's depending on your taste (I like rich food hence the above). Also redcurrant can be replaced with cranberry, if you just used orange juice and red wine either use a lot and reduce (rich) or add a bit of flower to thicken.

job done and its quick

ogi73

• 2 weeks later...

Simmer rabbit or duck in water for two hours until meat is tender. while doing this boil some rice strain and let go cold ! Pick meat off the bone . In a dish add soy sauce chopped garlic and a little ginger add rabbit or duck give it a good stir leave for half hour or better hour .

Heat up a non stick pan nice and hot add marinaded rabbit or duck and scrape all garlic in to once it starts browning add rice and a dash more soy keep it moving for five mins and bobs your uncle garlic and soy rabbit or duck fried rice soooooooooo nice TRY IT !!!

Edited by pigeon mad

Simmer rabbit or duck in water for two hours until meat is tender. while doing this boil some rice strain and let go cold ! Pick meat off the bone . In a dish add soy sauce chopped garlic and a little ginger add rabbit or duck give it a good stir leave for half hour or better hour .

Heat up a non stick pan nice and hot add marinaded rabbit or duck and scrape all garlic in to once it starts browning add rice and a dash more soy keep it moving for five mins and bobs your uncle garlic and soy rabbit or duck fried rice soooooooooo nice TRY IT !!!

mmmm got some rabbit and duck in freezer, be there in an hour! :)