Possible scammer on Freeads site- beware!!

johnbaz

That mobile number relates to a free ad for a car last year supposedly in Blackburn. How did this toerag get your pic?

"David" - I wonder if it's one of the Grahams?

Thanks for the heads up. :good:ckr

Probably pinched the pics from the flickr acc that is linked from johnbaz's sig. Shame you put the pics on to share with likeminded people and some scroat uses them for scamming

Yes, I've reported it to the site admin..

I was going to put wtaermarks on all my pics as someone on a forum I was on told everyone that he had a ratcatcher and put my pic up saying he was selling it!! The cheekt **** was found out though- the excuses came thick and fast!!

I just have way too many pics and too small a brain to work out how to do it!! :lol:

Cheers, John :)

Jeez man you have like an armoury lol. Thats awesome! I thought I had loads when I had 3 air rifles....Must take you 4 hours before going out shooting just to choose the guns you want to use....

-Andrew

Hi Andrew

I bought number 100 a few weeks ago, it was an Air Arms TX200HC :good:

Cheers, john :)

That mobile number relates to a free ad for a car last year supposedly in Blackburn. How did this toerag get your pic?

"David" - I wonder if it's one of the Grahams?

Thanks for the heads up. :good:

That number is a "Privacy Number" used to hide the real number of the person running the advert, Free Ads will get some money by people calling it, it is NOT a mobile!

Here you go, find out more how these numbers help scammers!

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=874878

Edited by secretagentmole

Crime really does pay!!!

My son who has what are known these days as "learning difficulties" was conned into sending money for an x-box. To me, it was obviously a scam, but he does not have those skills.

To cut a long story short(ish).....

He sent £150 using "faster payments" to the Nat West bank account of the fraudster and obviously had the name of the account holder, the sort code and the account number. Obviously the goods never arrived.

He has lost £150 and the chances of getting it back or even contacting the "seller" whose bank account is still active are virtually zero.

The police are not interested - they just tell you to report it on-line to ActionFraud - a waste of time and in my view something of a government funded fraud in itself.

Nat West who are allowing one of their accounts to be used to perpetuate a fraud are not interested. I telephoned their fraud dept who openly told me that they would not take any action. I wrote to the manager of the branch where the account is held and did not get a reply. I wrote to the bank customer services section and did not get a reply.

I cannot bring a case in court because I do not have the name and address of the account holder.

I cannot contact the account holder because the bank will not even forward a letter on my behalf.

Frustrating...... you bet!

Any suggestions?

Yes, I've reported it to the site admin..

I was going to put wtaermarks on all my pics as someone on a forum I was on told everyone that he had a ratcatcher and put my pic up saying he was selling it!! The cheekt **** was found out though- the excuses came thick and fast!!

I just have way too many pics and too small a brain to work out how to do it!! :lol:

Cheers, John :)

Look up iwatermark, it costs about 6 quid but you just make a new folder for watermarked photos,then drag a file of all the photos you want water marking to the window, press start and it will water mark them all takes a few minutes,you can choose type of mark ,font etc,it does make it very simple,even i can use it :lol:

Looks like the ad has now been removed.

Think I have posted this before but if it helps anyone here it is again.

I was scammed 4 years ago over the sale of a HW90, guy seemed ok on the phone, pics of gun looked fine. Arranged a bank transfer, day later guy rings asking if the transfer had been made. Told him I had done it he said he was looking at his screen and nothing was showing.

So checked a/c number quick as a flash he said it was one number wrong. Despite contacting the police and my bank I did not recover the money. My bank did write to the account holder three times but he did not reply. Bank said they could do nothing more, basically I think they were not interested. Similar with plod.

Anyhoos if buying anything from a private seller on line make it face to face. If using a bank transfer and cannot do f to f then send a test amount first, small value known only to you. Ask the seller to confirm its been received. If yes then you are probably ok. If no, confirm the a/c number, if its the same as first given then drop the whole thing.

Personally I will now only do face to face, bought a HW100 from a member on here, only lived 8/10 miles away. Good lad (can't remember his screen name). Excellent deal and an excellent gun.

Is this another one of yours John?

http://www.gunstar.co.uk/bsa-airsporter-stuzen-22-air-rifles-for-sale-in-central-scot/Air-Guns/650924

Bonsai trees and a garden table look familiar? ???

Hi Pete

Yes that's mine but he's actually wanting to buy one so I don't mind my pics used for that :good:

Cheers, John :thanks:

Isn't there a criminal offence known as "obtaining goods by false pretences"? If this applies in your case (citizens advice lawyer may help on the detail of the law) and the local police refuse to help then a letter for the "personal attention of the Chief Constable" (get his/her name to make sure they get it in person) with a complaint that PC 123 has refused to investigate this possible criminal offence and could the Chief Constable give a reason as to Why? (You could also copy your letter to the Commissioner of Police if there is one in your area, and also your MP)

This may sound a bit extreme but Chief Constables hate their force being scrutinised by external authorities and you will at least get a definitive response.

On a different subject / matter I had need to adopt this tactic and it worked.

Edited by Bobba