punt gun rebuild

winchester79

A few more pictures of the punts progress the weather is still holding things up, I have just collected the fiberglass and resin so any tips would be gratefully received as this will be the first time that i have worked with it. :cry1:

my mate made these row blocks from 4x4" oak blocks he has an eye for wood work as you can see

my mate made these row blocks from 4x4" oak blocks he has an eye for wood work as you can see

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did those dvd`s arrive mate?

Were they any good to you? I did say that the quality was a bit carp.

yes mate i did send you a pm but maybe it did not get through? anyway yes they were both very interesting and even my wife has watched them with me!

i hope you have had a good season and are keeping well

all the best....ian

Hi

Wow looking realy good glad it never got damaged in the storm blocks look good mate

Just a great project

Thanks for sharing

All the best

Of

Thanks of we are in the process of making another two for the stern like you suggested,,i will also be fitting the sculling block which will look similar to the row blocks but will be fitted with a side mounted rowlock to give that range of movement for my sculler.

all the best fella....ian :)

I will post some pictures of the gun soon, just had her bead blasted and undercoated an grey marine grade paint even guaranteed for 30 years marine use

so should be ok for me :)

Hi

Any chance you could tell me the type of paint / make your using on your gun

Could do with some to refurbish ous with

Many thanks

All the best

Of

Hi

Any chance you could tell me the type of paint / make your using on your gun

Could do with some to refurbish ous with

Many thanks

All the best

Of

hello of.

i had the gun undercoated when it was taken to be bead blasted they said they use marine grade grey undercoat its what they use on most refurb jobs axles ect,

the tower paint i have been using you can buy its made by STOKES PAINTS and has zink in it to bond it to metal and makes it matt and non slip so very handy when moving the gun around i have a 5L tin that you are welcome to if a courrier could get it?

All the best....ian :)

Hi

Many thanks for the info I recon that's far better than two pack polly I like the sound of the non slip

There's a agent near me so thanks for the offer but proberably best if you paint your trailer with left over and I do the same glad it's coming on well for you

Look forward to seeing paint job on gun

All the best

Of

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...