the best fac airrifle

sarol

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont spend to much unless you intend to keep it.Getting rid of them is much harder than acquiring one.I would buy second hand to lessen the blow when it comes to getting rid.Had the BSA super 10 at 30lbs,grouped 5mm at 30yrs, down side its a very heavy rifle, very bulky.Got rid due to this plus it was louder than the rimfire lol. Managed to get £200 for it private and it was a minter.

There isn't one, everyone has the best and they are all different, but the Rapid 7 in Mk1 & 2 formats must be near the top!

+ 1

The "best" is going to be what you feel happy with. That's where test driving comes into play. Try out as many rifles as you can before making a choice. Customer service also comes into play as does reliability. Someone also mentioned previously used which can also be a good idea until you decide which rifle you get along best with.

I wish you luck with any purchase which is also part of the fun of the sport!

+ 1

The "best" is going to be what you feel happy with. That's where test driving comes into play. Try out as many rifles as you can before making a choice. Customer service also comes into play as does reliability. Someone also mentioned previously used which can also be a good idea until you decide which rifle you get along best with.

I wish you luck with any purchase which is also part of the fun of the sport!

Theoben were a legend in the field of bad customer service

It depends on how much you want to spend ! If money is no object I would be looking to Daystate and the following models:

Wolverine B-Type

Wolf

Air Ranger

If you wanted to save money the Wolf or Air Ranger second had would still be a fantastic tool.

If you want to go cheaper, look at a Daystate Huntsman (this is what I did) or a BSA R10/S10 abd send it to John Bowkett or a Rapid 7 of some kind.

A .22 with 16/18grn pellet at 30ftlb is pleanty and does a great job, IMO no need for 40ft/lb.

ATB

Matt

I have a Career 707 .22 carbine, which I bought secondhand for £300 several years ago and is running at 28 lb on full power, but can be turned down to close to the legal limit on the thumb wheel. It has an air pressure gauge and a ten shot magazine (seven for Bisley Magnums). These are still around secondhand and easily maintained with basic tools. It's extremely accurate out to 50 yards and has paid for it'self twice over. Having a .22lr, I don't use it enough these days.

y5lxSD9.jpg

This was my last outing with it. http://www.urbanfieldsportsman.com/index.php/shin-sung-career-707-22-carbine-rabbit-clearance/

Daystate Air Ranger is one fantastic FAC Air-rifle.

My mate Eccles on here has one and it's Awesome!

no no daystae wolf at 40 ft lbs or mk 3/4 in 30 ft lbs can't rate them enough.saying that i have never owned a rapid as i think there but ugly but i have never heard a bad word about how they shoot.

It depends on how much you want to spend ! If money is no object I would be looking to Daystate and the following models:

Wolverine B-Type

Wolf

Air Ranger

If you wanted to save money the Wolf or Air Ranger second had would still be a fantastic tool.

If you want to go cheaper, look at a Daystate Huntsman (this is what I did) or a BSA R10/S10 abd send it to John Bowkett or a Rapid 7 of some kind.

A .22 with 16/18grn pellet at 30ftlb is pleanty and does a great job, IMO no need for 40ft/lb.

ATB

Matt

As with the above guys :yes: Another Daystate fan. Mines an Airwolf MCT, 40ftlbs. Totally awesome and the one gun I would keep over everything else in the cabinet :good: