the best fac airrifle

sarol

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the best .22 fac airrifle?

null_zpsf1c53b98.jpg

Just throwing this out there, RWS excalibre old and fairly rare. Beutiful doddle to maintain adjustable power and 7 shot mag. Mine took some hunting down and was a pile of junk when I bought it. Would change it for anything now.

If ya already have a rapid I would sell it as non fac and buy one already fac you will have enough change left for a decent used scope.

Use my fac air on anything from rats to rabbits and everything In between flat shooting from 10 to 50 yards.

Awesome

Karpman

unlimited cost

haven't theoben gone?

There is now Impact Air Guns, which is located in the old Theoben factory who make air rifles with motorcycle like names.

There is also Rapid Air Weapons, one of the directors legged it across the pond and started a new company based on the Rapid.

To throw a horrendous curveball at the Rapid and Daystate fans, the BSA Super 10 is superb in FAC form!

Edited by secretagentmole

There is now Impact Air Guns, which is located in the old Theoben factory who make air rifles with motorcycle like names.

There is also Rapid Air Weapons, one of the directors legged it across the pond and started a new company based on the Rapid.

To throw a horrendous curveball at the Rapid and Daystate fans, the BSA Super 10 is superb in FAC form!

have to agree mole with the super10

I have the BSA r10 mk2 and its a cracking piece of kit bud,so far I,ve been very impressed,, not missed a beat as yet

atb Evo

• 2 weeks later...

what power can the rapid 7 mk1 be tuned up to and do you need new parts?

tune it to what you want, but the biggest problem you will have is the pellet being unstable through the air,, 30ftlb is more than ample for fac air and if you have a wolf then 40ftlb but to be honest if it was me I would not go above the 30ftlb due to the instability of the pellets,also don't forget the more power then the lower the shot count,

atb Evo

• 3 weeks later...

To the OP do not turn your gun up over 12 ft b! You will destroy it's resale value! Keep it at sub 12 and buy an FAC version. As with any gun the sub 1 is always going to be worth more than an FAC version!

Although, if you have one you like and you never intend to sell it on its worth doing, I took my ttr1 and had it converted, chopped the barrel down, fitted a full length hugget mod and have something that I'm really happy with. KevG reworked the regulator and it's flawless now, consistent, powerful, accurate..... I just love it.

I don't really care what it's worth secondhand as I'll never get rid of it.

• 4 weeks later...

Someone else will be able to confirm this or correct me if I am wrong. Once a sub 12ft lb air rifle has been converted to FAC you cannot convert it back again to sub 12ft lb in order to re-gain the price and sell it on as non FAC.

Although, if you have one you like and you never intend to sell it on its worth doing, I took my ttr1 and had it converted, chopped the barrel down, fitted a full length hugget mod and have something that I'm really happy with. KevG reworked the regulator and it's flawless now, consistent, powerful, accurate..... I just love it.

I don't really care what it's worth secondhand as I'll never get rid of it.

Ah another customer of the god of Rapids! My mark 1 has KevG internals, 2 additional Dr Bob 12 shot magazines, I know it is only sub 12, but it is a good gun. I just prefer the Super 10 (mad swine I know). My first S10 was FAC by dint of the fact that a previous owner had the reg fail (we assume) and swapped it for one he bought cheap off the web. Trouble is it was an Export Only reg and meant the thing was running sweet as a nut at 28 ft lb. That meant it was sold to an RFD who immediately put it on ticket and put it in his collection!

Someone else will be able to confirm this or correct me if I am wrong. Once a sub 12ft lb air rifle has been converted to FAC you cannot convert it back again to sub 12ft lb in order to re-gain the price and sell it on as non FAC.

Some forces will allow you to convert back, some won't, legally a minefield. Best avoided!

null_zpsf1c53b98.jpg

Just throwing this out there, RWS excalibre old and fairly rare. Beutiful doddle to maintain adjustable power and 7 shot mag. Mine took some hunting down and was a pile of junk when I bought it. Would change it for anything now.

If ya already have a rapid I would sell it as non fac and buy one already fac you will have enough change left for a decent used scope.

Use my fac air on anything from rats to rabbits and everything In between flat shooting from 10 to 50 yards.

Awesome

Karpman

Bueatiful guns what is yours running at? These are awsome sub 12 and in fac.

I have a Career 707 .22 carbine, which I bought secondhand for £300 several years ago and is running at 28 lb on full power, but can be turned down to close to the legal limit on the thumb wheel. It has an air pressure gauge and a ten shot magazine (seven for Bisley Magnums). These are still around secondhand and easily maintained with basic tools. It's extremely accurate out to 50 yards and has paid for it'self twice over. Having a .22lr, I don't use it enough these days.

y5lxSD9.jpg

This was my last outing with it. http://www.urbanfieldsportsman.com/index.php/shin-sung-career-707-22-carbine-rabbit-clearance/

28ftlbs, Is that with the powerwheel on max? Mine shoots 55ftlbs right out the box with powerwheel open.

null_zpsf1c53b98.jpg

Awesome

Karpman

Edited by coatesy75