The holy grail

Cookie69

Guys

im smiling from ear to ear :yahoo: prior to today I had two small air riffle perms totalling 90 odd acres between them.

today I have just secured myself nearly 400 acres of rape and wheat fields :yahoo: pigeon , rook & rabbit I cant touch his pheasants though :good: not a problem for me

the farmer has promised to show me further land if I show up more than once.

sounds like he has given permission before then never see's them again :no: .

boy will I cherish this.

will go and walk it next week to familiarise myself with the boundary's

Paul

Guys

im smiling from ear to ear :yahoo: prior to today I had two small air riffle perms totalling 90 odd acres between them.

today I have just secured myself nearly 400 acres of rape and wheat fields :yahoo: pigeon , rook & rabbit I cant touch his pheasants though :good: not a problem for me

the farmer has promised to show me further land if I show up more than once.

sounds like he has given permission before then never see's them again :no: .

boy will I cherish this.

will go and walk it next week to familiarise myself with the boundary's

Paul

:) happy days enjoy

Welldone!

Nice to see.
I think of lot of landowners feel 'burnt' by their shooter sometimes. The landowner on my place was always a bit weary of me to start with after bad experiences in the past but I have always been respectful and when she was ill I made the effort to feed her horses and muck them out (And I used to dislike horses!)

I once broke one of her electric fence poles and first thing I did was go and source a replacement and fixed it myself and then left her a letter, she told me after that it was weak anyway and expected it break but thanks for my efforts.

LIttle things like that keep perms going well and friendships start nicely, and hopefully restore landowners faith in some of us.

400 plus more is a blooming good amount, you'll be nice and busy!

Seen the farmer again today , got my perm form signed,

also took a screen shot off Google earth of the area and asked him to mark the boundary's (belt and braces).

the farmer him self said the pigeons haven't been as numerous, although the last two days on the trot there has been a couple of flocks of about 200

on the same field.

Note to self ,need to catch a salmon this year have promised him a fillet :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

Well the farmer was good to his word,

he took me to see 100 acres of woodland today, I think the tree's were poplar trees ? grown for commercial timber his main concern are the squirrels.

apparently they eat or nor the bark of the tree near the tops which weakens them, i didn't realise they did so much damage.

on our walk through the woods I seen at least 10 tree tops laying on the floor.

funny thing was we didn't see a single squirrel on the walk, although did see 2 hares, and three pheasants ,also deer roam the woods none of the later are on the hit list :)

I said I couldn't think of a nicer place to roam with the gun and not see a squirrel. :)

also offered my services beating when the pheasant season opens :whistling:

could be more woodland coming soon :yahoo:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think I might have gone and done it again?

Was in my area yesterday , just to see what state the wheat was in.

On the way down the road I stopped to look at a pea field, and seen about 50 odd pigeon lift off.

Not a lot I know but I thought I would call into the farm.

And what do you know,the farmer was in the yard,

I had called 3 or 4 times over the last few months but never anyone about.

Anyway introduced myself , name dropped the neighbouring farmer, and told him I had seen pigeon on his peas.

Before I could draw another breath he said please get on there and shoot them (-:

Yes sir I have my kit in the van I'll get straight on it.

I had walked them off earlier when I had 1st seen them. I set up and had aprox 3 and a 1/2 hrs

For 6 pigeon they never really came back.

I popped back this morning to have a look but nothing about.

Saw the farmer again he thanked me and said any time. (-:

It's just a verbal at the moment but hopefully will pin him down after my holiday to get written perm

He told me he also has some rape.

So excited I nearly don't want to go on holiday in case I miss out on a pigeon fest (-: