One for the baker types - Hemp cracker recipe required

Doc Holliday

I'm after some help. I'm currently following a Paleo diet until the end of Lent (I know Lent hasn't started yet) and I want to make some hemp crackers for my Valentine's dinner on Saturday. I've done a bit of digging and a lot of the recipes call for a mix of hemp flour with regular flour, which goes against the grain, no pun intended.

Can I use all hemp flour (it's actually hemp protein from a supplements company but it's pretty much the same thing) or will this lead to some disastrous outcome. Or can I use 50/50 ground almonds and hemp flour?

Any help in this area would be much appreciated. Over to the great PW Collective.

Regards,

Doc

Skip the bread all together - just cook some rice, or buy some rice crackers, or corn crackers, or even plain tortilla chips and warm them in the oven. Oat cakes are good too - just check to make sure they are the kind without wheat.

Edited by aris

How are the results of the paleo diet?

If you mean have I noticed any changes yet then the answer is a definite yes. The first thing I have noticed is my insides don't gurgle anywhere near as much. After a sandwich my guts would be making all sorts of strange noises and I could feel a **** making it's way along the complete length of the large intestine before resulting in a +30 second trouser ripper. Naturally to achieve that length it took some considerable practice. I think just shy of 40 seconds was a personal best.

That aside, the other thing I've noticed is I don't get ravenously hungry. Because protein and fat satiates better than carbs I don't get hunger pangs. If I do get to the point where I could do with a snack then I'll have a couple of heaped teaspoons of peanut butter. Strictly speaking peanut butter isn't allowed as it's a legume and generally those are out too. I'm not going to be that pedantic about following it to the letter, just the grains for now.

As a result of having a more sustained appetite I don't get knackered. I have energy to spare and have racked up some good weights/times at my Xfit box.

I'm after some help. I'm currently following a Paleo diet until the end of Lent (I know Lent hasn't started yet) and I want to make some hemp crackers for my Valentine's dinner on Saturday. I've done a bit of digging and a lot of the recipes call for a mix of hemp flour with regular flour, which goes against the grain, no pun intended.

Can I use all hemp flour (it's actually hemp protein from a supplements company but it's pretty much the same thing) or will this lead to some disastrous outcome. Or can I use 50/50 ground almonds and hemp flour?

Any help in this area would be much appreciated. Over to the great PW Collective.

Regards,

Doc

You can get potato or rice flour don't know how they would work in your recipe though edit forget the rice

Edited by islandgun