Don't give up

krwigan

I know it's easy to say don't give up looking for permission when your lucky enough to have somewhere to shoot and not getting told "we already have someone" or other forms of let downs every wkend! but I landed some permission today on a whim, up a track I found on a map. Offered to shoot rats or beat if there was a shoot. However no rats and no shoot! I did notice a few crows on my way and mentioned them in the conversation. The farmer said, yea we have loads knocking around, you can have a go at them if you want (winner winner chicken dinner!) My point is I found this lane looking for another lane I found on a map, which was locked btw. I've drove past it a million times and would never have found it if not scouring the local area via a map. Hope this makes sense, typing is not my 'forte' most of all hope it may help. Keep knocking just one may say "yes"

Good luck KR

Well done KR , it's hard when you keep getting told NO THANKS ,, but in their defence , would you want a stranger walking round your land with a loaded weapon,, believe me I used to get fed up with people saying no thanks,, but I like you landed my first permission , it wasn't much but it was a turn in the right direction,, then by word of mouth the farmer told others I was keeping his rats and rabbits at bay,, I now have 5 permissions, which just goes to show , do a good job and others with want the same, really well done on getting your first mate,, others will follow .

Regards Paul (camski)

Yes lads thanks for the replys, this is not my first perm (unforeseen cirmcstances forced me to look elsewhere) but probably my hardest worked for, and unless I hadn't took some advice from a post on this site I would never have found this new permission, the advice was to use a ordanence survey map and find farms near railways, rough ground ect. It's worked for me so it can work for someone else hopefully.

KR