pigeon kit

rob shooter

Hi Chaps i will be pigeon shooting this year on my permission the farmer is planting peas,Here comes the problem i have enough tackle to fill a small van its 1/2 mile walk to the peas field ,how to get all the kit to the spot 2 batteries magnett guns dummies and the rest? +2 dogs. any advice welcome PS ime 66. cheers Rob

Why not see if you can build a couple of natural permanent hides? Leave a couple of barrels for seats.

That's a fair bit of gear you won't need to carry.

Don't forget, if you have a decent day, that's a whole lot more weight you got to carry back.

Make a sort of trailer/cart and make the dogs pull it down the field

A shooting buddy of mine had his dog pulling a barrow, trouble was when I was helmsman the dog spotted a running rabbit fortunately he didnt run that far :)

And a Cosd said carrying birds back a long ways can take quite a bit of effort as he well remembers during his learning period with me :whistling:

hi mate,when you first start shooting you think you need to take everthing you have and it dont matter what anyone says you still will,but you will learn the hard way cos i did,it dont take long till you start cutting down your gear and taking a trolley is great until the wheels get clogged up with mud,happy shooting