What should i charge for pigeons

storsey

Morning chaps ...heres one for you ....

My local butcher , a friend of my neighbours has asked me to supply him with a few pigeons as an when I get some ..... But what should I charge him ?

I was thinking a couple of quid each ...what do you think is that too much or not enough...

cheers

Please tell me where I can get 40-60p per pigeon.

peterborough game dealers pay 40p and they will collect..doesnt have to be large amounts...they collected 30 rabbit and 50 pigeon on weds...they travel all over the country,,worth a ring

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have swapped with butchers before, works out quite well.

I find that the money aspect wouldn't get me much so taking some meat and taking it home for the table is good - also it's good to have a good relationship with a butcher - my local butcher made me a 3 bird roast out of birds I supplied and didn't want any money for his time (even danced about trying to avoid my money). Rather do that that charge a lot and have a frosty relationship. Once someone see's a butcher selling pigeons or rabbits whats to stop them asking the butcher if they can supply them too at a cheaper price...?

May have to try Peterborough game. They have a place in Bourne I think, but may just miss Cecil and his customer relations as he presents me with my 25 pence per bird..willingly swapping that for cartridges and even more money from my almost empty pockets.

Any chance i could buy a couple a week?local to yourself,lots of pigeons but no permission :sad1:

• 3 months later...