Is there a law on what time keepers can shoot till

Going to state the obvious here, but depends wot ur shooting, there are varying laws mainly protecting birds/deer which are usually linked to sunrise/set times eg 1 hour before/after sumriseset for deer

For foxes and rabbits as others have said can shoot all nite, in summer will hardly be dark at 11

I agree with all previous posts but, in a sensitive area, shooting consistently and late at night might result in a 'noise pollution' complaint.

Obviously extremely unlikely and I , too, am often out foxing in the early hours.

I agree with all previous posts but, in a sensitive area, shooting consistently and late at night might result in a 'noise pollution' complaint.

Obviously extremely unlikely and I , too, am often out foxing in the early hours.

ThaT is the reason for this post, I was in the pub last night and people were moaning about the gamekeeper shooting till the early hours and keeping them up, I myself don't mind as it is a job that needs doing but from what I understood they are going to call the police the next time he is out shooting late.

ThaT is the reason for this post, I was in the pub last night and people were moaning about the gamekeeper shooting till the early hours and keeping them up, I myself don't mind as it is a job that needs doing but from what I understood they are going to call the police the next time he is out shooting late.

Word in the keepers ear in you know him, might save alot of hassle

While i can understand the how people may get upset if lamps often shone across there house and can understand 'noise pollution' in theory, but u would have to shoot a h ell of a foxes on the same place to ever bother the same people constantly and with a smaller cf rifle and mod it's really not that loud a crack any more.

Sounds more like folk just wanting a moan, and not agreeing with wot the keeper does

As long as u use a bit of common sense there shouldn't be a problem, althou with some folk it would not matter wot u done there will always be a problem. Sometimes ur aswelll to notify the polis urself when u go out in situations like that

Going to state the obvious here, but depends wot ur shooting, there are varying laws mainly protecting birds/deer which are usually linked to sunrise/set times eg 1 hour before/after sumriseset for deer

For foxes and rabbits as others have said can shoot all nite, in summer will hardly be dark at 11

+1

• 4 weeks later...

We always call the police before going out, that way if someone else calls them they don't send the swat team

Leicestershire police have told me that if any member of the public makes a call complaining about seeing/hearing guns they have a legal duty to attend !! even if you have rang them before going shooting to let them know ! I asked what was the point of me calling them before going shooting.......erm...they couldn't answer that one :oops:

BASC recommends we don't ring them! as it is thought to be a pre cursor to being made into a new law / condition on your licence !!! :no:

I'm intrigued as to what the keeper is shooting. Rabbits with an hmr is the only possible source I can think of that would be consistent enough to have people talking about it in the pub.

Or may be he has NV and is checking zero or practicing / getting used to using it?

I knew a keeper who could not see what the fuss was all about when he and a helper were shooting rabbits from a pick up using 12 bores.

They shot well over a 100, and finished at 02.00 hours.....

Yes, I had one of those on land adjoining mine. He soon saw the error of his ways when I offered to wrap his gun round his neck !

Consideration for others costs nought.