Skinners Dog Food

TR1

I fed my lab who is 4 now on skinners duck and rice and salmon and rice because he had a very sensitive stomach and he would poo alot but I started him on raw a month ago and have not looked back less stools and always firm and so much calmer I use nature menu complete food

Martin

My young cocker (7mths now) had sensitive tummy.

took him off puppy food a month and half ago. and onto Skinners duck and rice adult hypoallergenic.

firmed up within 2 weeks and doing well on it

Both my dogs are on duck and rice as well, have tried most of the field and trial range and found it to be the best one.

Thanks for all the input.

Looks like duck and rice worth a go.

Problem now is getting hold of a small bag to try., all local sources only keep 15kg.

Skinners only offer 130gm samples , not very useful to try a changeover.

I have had my tribe of labs on Skinners for years. Never had a problem with it.

There factory is in the next village.

Good stuff - the dogs like it and it seems to do them well.

Same here, my current five (and those previous) have always been on Skinners, the exception was a Lab pup I bought in that was on Beta pup but she's now switched over to Skinners.

At the end of the day some dogs do well on a particular brand, others don't.

If they end up liking a particular food, look in good condition and can work all day that'll do me.

DaveL

My ESS has been on skinners Field & Trial Maintenance form day one never had any problem with it .

Maintenance is good but I switched mine to duck and rice to see if removing cereals helps with the terrier's epilepsy...working well so far (touch wood) - they certainly eat with more enthusiasm than they did the maintenance but then it is more expensive.

I started using skinners through recommendations really as I had similar problems with food for the cockers and them not keeping any weight on due to having the runs. At first I gave them skinners working 23 with a pound of raw tripe each for a couple of months which worked wonders for them but when it came to the summer with my wife and kids outside the smell of the tripe was to much for her so I changed it for skinners maintenance which is good value and has done the trick for all three of mine now

I have had my cocker pup on the puppy food since I got her home at 8weeks and she's 6months now and looking

Very good on it . I've taken her back to were I bought her the other day and her sister is a bit smaller than her

And he feeds chudleys puppy and when the time comes I will put her on to the working 23

• 3 weeks later...

Just a side on skinners my localish stockist seems to be doing free delivery on 2 bags and at the best prices I've seen. Gw titmuss and a decent website to order from. The last couple of orders I've had have been 48 hour delivery and it's easier even though I'm only 5 miles away

• 2 weeks later...