Thimbleby shooting ground to close !

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one that shot there 2 0r 3 times a week until he got pizzed of with his attitude

Absolutely !!!

I always found it strange that the man was SOOOOOOOO Miserable when you were handing him up to £80.00 a week

Same targets month after month, I haven't been for a couple of years, just got sick of supporting the place.

The str in front of the clubhouse was always the same...you couldn't see the targets for all the flipping signs.

And how many years were those two targets on on the stand next to the str, it's just laziness on David's part. You can understand it though when the majority of people just want to turn up, blat a few clays then go to the pub afterwards rather than be challenged by a decent variety of new targets every few weeks.

If the new owners do everything opposite to the previous owner then they'll be onto a winner ;-)

Azzurri.

If the new owners do everything opposite to the previous owner then they'll be onto a winner ;-)

I'm with you there Graham ,

Best of luck to them,

I'll be up there in the in a few weeks time,

so i'll see if its improved or not !!

I'm with you there Graham ,

Best of luck to them,

I'll be up there in the in a few weeks time,

so i'll see if its improved or not !!

When you pay for a service then you are entitled to some variety and it appears that was one on the main problems that crept into the set up.

I have visited since the take over and the new ground manager seems keen to know the views of the punters so if you venture to Thimbleby, then put your concerns to him and hopefully things will improve.

Guy, who is now running the show, has plenty of enthusiasm and is willing to take on advice so I believe that with the right support from the shooters, we will end up with the ground back to been an enjoyable place to shoot with some challenging and varying targets.

I for one wish them all the best on the re-building programme as the more shoots in the North East the better.

To be honest i'm not surprised the last bloke lost it. I'm sure if you shoot there regular he's a lovely bloke, my experience of him was the exact opposite. Found him stand off ish. He acted like he was doing you a favour letting you shoot on his ground. The number of times me and a few mates asked to join as members and got fobbed off was unreal.

The last straw was when he refused to let a mates son shoot round with us unless we paid for his instructor to go with us. Prize winning pillock as far as i was concerned.

However if its now in different hands i will definately pop down for another look.

To be honest i'm not surprised the last bloke lost it. I'm sure if you shoot there regular he's a lovely bloke, my experience of him was the exact opposite. Found him stand off ish. He acted like he was doing you a favour letting you shoot on his ground. The number of times me and a few mates asked to join as members and got fobbed off was unreal.

The last straw was when he refused to let a mates son shoot round with us unless we paid for his instructor to go with us. Prize winning pillock as far as i was concerned.

However if its now in different hands i will definately pop down for another look.

Regarding your friends son going around shooting. Was this not because he was only covered for license holders to shoot? I suspect your friends son did not have a SGC. I remember chatting about this with a few people and I heard he was only insured for SGC holders to shoot without certified instructors.

• 2 months later...

I'm visiting my parents so thought I'd see what it is like now. The new guy seemed nice and they are obviously doing a lot of work; new car park, new traps, new stands and lots of landscaping. The guy that served me said they are looking into building a rifle range in the future.

The range of targets was pretty good and fairly challenging, but obviously I don't know how often they get changed.

On the whole it was enjoyable,no information on number of stands or type of birds thrown at them was a slight negative,card system was a bit novel to us,no no birds or sighting allowance,We shot stand 1 last so as to claim additional clays for this,All comments were welcomed by the very amenable ground staff(owner?) .Will revisit nexttime we are up that way.

I've shot there twice under the new management first was the Osmotherly show shoot then again about a month after and it was the exact same targets.

I hope they change them regular and this was just with being reopened with lots to do.

Figgy

• 2 years later...

Always looks nice this time of year with the covered avenue of blackthorn and other shrubs and trees from the clubhouse. It will be a very good ground in the future if they keep up with the improvements and additional stands.