£35000.00 what would you buy

Will Poon

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A while back I started a topic on buying a cheap porsche boxster , I eventually got a BMW Z4 for just over 4k , bloody hell what a mistake that was buying a car that old, long story short I got my money back after a lengthy persuasion . So I'm really after a car up to 3-4 years old .

had one when they 1st came out it reminded me of a Capri I'm only a short ares and could I he'll see the end of the bonnet :(

my freind who has a very successfully business purchased one of these several years ago after moving on from Porsche ( this is the lambourghini engine if my memory serves) he rated it big time brown pants came into more than one conversations we had over the running..

Now there's something I've not looked at. A land cruiser maybe :hmm:

got a lovely hilux surf will ;) lol...

30k will get you a nice Porsche Cayenne turbo..brilliant for comfort and quick of the mark just a little juicy is the only downside.(which is the case with most quick cars especially petrol)

On auto trader at the mo

Audi RS6 Avant, 2009, 59000 miles, V10 (Lamborghini engine)

Oh and it's got 740BHP and only £32k

Will put a link up tomoz as I'm on my phone

Or an Evoque....

:shaun:

+1 or the RS4 esate

Edited by danny22691

Now there's something I've not looked at. A land cruiser maybe :hmm:

Dont get much in budget! http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201401141007264/sort/default/usedcars/engine-size-cars/4l_to_4-9l/radius/1500/page/13/postcode/cf141du/model/land_cruiser/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/make/toyota?logcode=p

HOw a about an FJ cruiser? Bit different, might be a long wait to get one

Having just sold my parents house I have been telling OH I've been touring Mercedes dealerships looking at G-Wagons. She isn't too impressed but I haven't told her I'm not serious. To spend more than 10 grand on any vehicle would seriously grieve me I'm afraid. I simply don't believe they're worth it unless you're buying something that will appreciate in value rather than depreciate, but that's just me.

There are some truly stunning vehicles out there. Must admit I like the V W Toureg.

Having just sold my parents house I have been telling OH I've been touring Mercedes dealerships looking at G-Wagons. She isn't too impressed but I haven't told her I'm not serious. To spend more than 10 grand on any vehicle would seriously grieve me I'm afraid. I simply don't believe they're worth it unless you're buying something that will appreciate in value rather than depreciate, but that's just me.

There are some truly stunning vehicles out there. Must admit I like the V W Toureg.

This.

Cars are an inherent waste of money and a depreciating asset.

£40k ready to go round here gets a BTL with £1300 PCM coming in on an interest only mortgage of £700, and cheeky capital appreciation in the background. Don't lose sight of the fact that you haven't actually spent your £40k, you have merely moved it somewhere.

If you're desperate for £35k of motor, lease one.

If you're in the restaurant game with a stack of readies to loose I'd still do something other than £35k on a motor :lol:

Edit

Incidentally I sort of looked at this before deciding my next lease car in May this year when the current one goes back. The answer is the SQ5 as the 'do-all' car. This time I can get the wife, kids and dog in the car, it's diesel and the mpg is amazing BUT it books a 0-60 of 5 seconds.... (And has 4 exhaust pipes which appealed enormously to child in me).

Edited by Mungler

I've leased cars in the past sometimes the manufactures give great deals on a new model that's just come out, a few years back when the Audi Q7 came out I leased one from a dealer for £395 pm all in with no deposit.

The more expensive the car the more it depreciates my current car is the E 350 cdi coupe . Fantastic car but after 3 years I'm lucky to get 20k in p/x

There's 2 year old S classes for a tad over 30k when they were new your talking mid 70's that's a big saving :)