£35000.00 what would you buy

Will Poon

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What motor would you buy with £35000.00 ?

New, used, coupe, 4x4, 2 door, 4 door e.t.c............

Something cheaper and a new gun and or a puppy with the difference frankly, scratched my new truck on barbed wire within a fortnight of leaving the showroom and there are a few claw scratches in the tailgate. I have had some seriously nice vehicles over the years and you don't get a lot extra that's tangible once you leave 20k behind you. The VAT on 35k is more than a nice gun or a fair decent shooting lease

A chap that I now has just spent over £70.000 on a new Merc I do not think that I would ever spend that sort of money on a car even if I had it sitting in the bank it makes me laugh people buy these expensive cars but then worry all the time about them getting dirty and will not let the dogs get in should they get mud on it I have just two things that I like in a car one comfort the other is reliability I do not give a toss what other people think about it.

A chap that I now has just spent over £70.000 on a new Merc I do not think that I would ever spend that sort of money on a car even if I had it sitting in the bank it makes me laugh people buy these expensive cars but then worry all the time about them getting dirty and will not let the dogs get in should they get mud on it I have just two things that I like in a car one comfort the other is reliability I do not give a toss what other people think about it.

Trust me most of those who do don't have the money sitting in the bank and the car is on lease 99 times out of 100

The cls shooting brake is nice but it's the same price as a 2-3 year old S class.

There's quite a wide varied look on cars at this price range :/

Indeed. £35k gets you into the sweet spot for most brands and you could procrastinate until the £35k becomes worthless due to inflation before buying.

Would still have the CLS Shooting Brake over an S Class though...I'm more mid 30's than mid 60's B)

I had a S class a few years back, great car - double glazing, self closing doors and the feeling of driving a fast armchair. But yes, it was a grandad's car :lol:

S class and 7 series are good cash purchases 3 years from new when they dump 75% of their book value in depreciation.

My partner at work bought a 2 year old 650 off a client for cash and over 5-6 years did thirty something grand in depreciation.

Cars are a complete waste of money.

Each to there own I think on what the purpose of a car should be for.

Mine has to perform well be reliable fit the wife and 2 teenage kids plus 2 dogs plus loaded with shooting gear when I'm cruising up the M6 towards Scotland on a family break :yes:

For £35k you could go somewhere warm abroad :lol:

Something a little more practical but with some grunt.

I'm not trying to be flash but I like my creature comforts in a car. I've had a very good relationship with my Mercedes dealer but I'm wanting to see what other makes are out there that may tick my boxes, I'm defiantly looking for a used vehicle as I've always bought new and they depreciate like a lead balloon .

Theses are what I've seen

S class

Q7

Maserati quarttroporte

Mini countryman john cooper works

Thats an extreme range of vehicles to consider .... Maserati/Mini/ S -class ?

I would buy a Land Cruiser, you could even fit your guns in the back without having to fold your seats down.

I like Toyota's. :good:

:good:

This is just one of those questions to which there can be no right answer although plenty wrong ones like say a used scooby or any performance car really. But for a shooter who needs off roading, reliability, space, durability and power there will be little to touch a Land Cruiser; true the Japanese just can't pull off the style part but it's a small price to pay if it was your last £35k.

second hand Nissan GT-R :)

Now I know nearly all of us have to buy second hand but personally performance cars are one of those things I would never buy used as you just don't know how much of a thrashing they've had, and they'd have had plenty.

I would go for the Disco 4, great car and great ability or the last of the old style Range Rover sport, The Disco has Lots of room, a good v6 diesel engine will return around 30 mpg. As secondhand, then get a good low mileage with at least a 2 year warranty as some parts are expensive if they fail ( alternator and air suspension ) . I have changed my Disco 4 for the last of the older style Range Rover Sport, it does everything the Disco could do, but less space inside and a better build quality and toys. Great car off road and on motorway. the V6 diesel is giving 32 mpg overall. Its been used in the somerset floods, off road in heavy going ( max ride height needed ) and in places some people have said it could not go. Its basically a Disco underneath with slightly altered ride, however it does not roll quite as much as a disco 4 does. I am lucky in the fact that I have summer and winter tyre sets, so the winters ones are more suited to off road.

I would stress you need a good warranty, just in case and to give you a peace of mind. Land Rover has recently been jacking up the cost of its spares and maintenance is not that cheap.

dave