10bore Cartridge liverpool

krowe79

presses are a total waste of money, i have had three types of press and gave them up for a quality RTO and set of digital scales. i load apx 150 10 bore and 200 3.5" 12g

they are perfect every time and is much quicker than a press.

i also use cup seals behind a fiber wad, they hit hard and pattern great, best to use a frangible disc over shot 12g ones fit 10g fine :)

If your only loading up for say 1/2 dozen shots a flight, then you don't need a press. You can load a ten gauge with a RTO tool a set of digital or beam scales and a few bits and bobs you can make yourself. This is basically what I do and it works fine. For the average goose man a press will take many years to pay you back.

Malmo guns near Lancaster normally have or can get 10 ga loaded shells but normally about September before they get them in any great quantity. Give them a call

could try beswicks at rainhill...he seems to be competitive..if your only shooting a few shells as said earlier a rto and a few tools will sort it, in my opinion as kent says chuck any bad shells.

i just used to make a dozen at a time...liked to keep them fresh so to speak..and always had a few smaller shot size just in case of an odd duck - did have a couple of 10g rto's will have a look - atb

On re-sizing. By the time the cases have expanded enough to be tight in the chamber, the end of the case which takes the RTO will be worn out. I find I get 5 or 6 RTOs before the end gets brittle or cracks. You can then cut 1/4 inch off and use a load which fits the shorter case, and get a few more uses out of it. If you're getting 10 re-loads per case you're doing well.

One problem I've found is that modern cases seem to rust quickly and any corrosion will make them more likely to stick in the chamber.

Guest cookoff013

you can make them with hand tools and a press.

i dont really get the "bad" crimps because i had my MEC tricked up with a long crimp punch. so crimps euro cases. (i did this to both reloaders i have) and i gave away 4.

you can either buy a 10gauge press. or convert a 12 to a 10 by changing the crimp and crimp starter andthe baseplate. you can push in primers with a tool set. or just use new cases (i do that in the 12).

with the 10 the cost reward comes back in only a few boxes of 10gauge. down by me "decent" shells cost a fortune. reloads get the same quality at alittle less. i did go into a shop ages ago and they tried to sell me 28gram 6s for £400/k. at that price i could buy a new mec and reload those shells for the same cost / 1000 !

so think of that what you will. i just went elsewhere.

the catch 22 is, it costs to reload, but you end up shooting more. the savings just end up being re-processed into more shells.

at an average of £1900 / k or £1500/k the savings are there.

whats more important to you? availability? or cost?