digger

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reading this thread I can feel a film in the making

Already been done " The Twilight Zone" around a hundred years ago.

Had this missing plane conversation in my local off door last night, everything from aliens & Koreans to engines racing at the speed of light causing the plane to warp to a different time zone.

Not one theory was anywhere near sensible except Somali hijackers (given that there seemed to be two people with dodgy passports on the plane). Having said that I have a memory trace that says a French plane disappeared a long time ago and it took two years to find it. Can't remember any detail.

Hope they find it soon for the sake of the families.

There are some strange things about this - 4 days now and the Chinese have been pressing the Malaysians to do more since the plane went missing. No sign of the sonar signal which would start and continue until about now. No idea where they are - although just now military radar suggests they may have turned back ? Of the two false passports one is now thought to be an Iranian trying to get to Germany (the wrong way).

Of the possible causes, the 'low point' in the early morning was what happened to the french pilots who crashed in the Atlantic. That plane was found relatively quickly given the size of the north Atlantic.

I am rather stumped by this - it sounds like we arent getting all the facts - wouldnt happen in the west but as has been said - how would it be if you were a relative of the nearly 250 people on board. I am truly sad for them - its not been easy and there is no end in sight.

The Air France loss in the South Atlantic was different to the Malaysian one in several respects.

1. The Atlantic is vast - This area is relatively small.

2. Communications are by HF radio on ocean crossings but this aircraft would still be using VHF. That makes voice communications quicker and easier.

3. No radar cover in mid Atlantic of any source unless a military ship was in the area.

I hear now that they have changed the emphasis of the search area to the Sumatra coastal area - Now why would they do that? It is nowhere near the planned route.

As one PW member pointed out - We are not being told everything.

We have not even been shown the last recorded radar position. Were they still on track and altitude at that time?

The mystery deepens.

PS - If the aircraft is on land and crashed then the locator beacon should have been picked up almost instantly. If it is under water then another locator is pinging away but only has a range of about 5 - 6 miles. If the aircraft has been hijacked, landed and all systems switched off then you would get nothing...

Edited by Grandalf

Twilight Zone - Creature on the left wing puling the engine apart, seen by the guy that hated flying?

Already been done " The Twilight Zone" around a hundred years ago.

Had this missing plane conversation in my local off door last night, everything from aliens & Koreans to engines racing at the speed of light causing the plane to warp to a different time zone.

Not one theory was anywhere near sensible except Somali hijackers (given that there seemed to be two people with dodgy passports on the plane). Having said that I have a memory trace that says a French plane disappeared a long time ago and it took two years to find it. Can't remember any detail.

Hope they find it soon for the sake of the families.

Whilst it may have little to do with the aircrafts disappearence, but if they can now tell there were two passengers with stolen passports, how this was not picked up on at the point of departure? Doesn't this make a mockery of passport control? If all passport control does is ensure the passport photo' matches the person in possession then why do I keep getting stopped at points of entry and departure, and why does it cost 80 odd quid each renewal; surely just a photo would do? :/

Standards of security and Air Traffic Control vary enormously across Europe. When you look at it world wide there is a vast gulf between the practices employed.

That this aircraft can just 'vanish' with no news being given out about last known position, last radar fix, next reporting point and ETA just wouldn't happen in Europe or the States.

Cover up in operation...I wouldn't be surprized.

It's very odd, usually when a plane goes down they have some kind of area where it was last seen on radar but in this case they don't seem to have any idea.

If mechanical fault you would think that the pilot would have radioed this in, also if someone was attempting to gain control (cockpit doors should be locked).

Spookily on Hawaii 5-0 on Sunday the story was a guy who took control over an airliner with a computer by using hacking in and giving the plane false GPS signals (and blocking communications to the plane). Of course only tv show but you never know what can be done these days.

Hope it's found soon one way or another for sake of the families